Gapgate?! Let's hope they fix this quick.

OP
Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
no gap in my note 2 or at least not large enough to slide anything in it
I just watched a short video earlier where a guy has a business card or something sticking in his Note 3. Again, you can't even really tell the gap is there except for the piece of paper sticking out of it.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
I didn't even know that this was a design feature of my Note 3. You learn something new every day!

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
I'm not sure I would want my glass screen rubbing up against that metal frame. It makes sense to have a slight gap to give the screen and the metal chasis some breathing room.

OP
Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I'm not sure I would want my glass screen rubbing up against that metal frame. It makes sense to have a slight gap to give the screen and the metal chasis some breathing room.
Not to mention, the fact that the glass curves down towards the frame slightly seems like it would make it easier to stick paper in there.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

OP
Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
All I can say Bestbuy models looked perfect to me on second inspection...

M8 tap'd
But did you bring a business card? Haha! I'd go check and see if ours has one, but the closest one is about an hour and a half away, so not worth the drive without calling first. It's also a very small store, so I kinda doubt they've got one yet.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
But did you bring a business card? Haha! I'd go check and see if ours has one, but the closest one is about an hour and a half away, so not worth the drive without calling first. It's also a very small store, so I kinda doubt they've got one yet.

Haha ...I tried 3 of them ..and wait to you see phone in person ...Awesome screen and feel ...

M8 tap'd

kyboy

Reaction score
I don't have a Note but do have the S4 so I wondered if this gap is solely a Note specific issue, apparently not. I never noticed it before and it's not visible to the naked eye, at least not mine. I have a Spigen Neo Hybrid case on my phone and it completely covers the sides. All in all it's not an issue for me on my S4. Pics are the same side, I just turned the phone around, and I could not replicate on the opposite side.
yruty9a2.jpg
yhybyzeb.jpg

This is a sticky note and I didn't try with anything else. I was gonna post a video but apparently don't know how.

OP
Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Haha ...I tried 3 of them ..and wait to you see phone in person ...Awesome screen and feel ...

M8 tap'd
I went by VZW to play with the 3 a little the other day, but I had to remind myself that mine will be better. Funny thing, it had the image of a red play button burned into the screen. They should really have better displays out if they want to sell phones. I can only hope it was recent and they figured it was ok to leave since the 4 is coming soon.

OP
Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I don't have a Note but do have the S4 so I wondered if this gap is solely a Note specific issue, apparently not. I never noticed it before and it's not visible to the naked eye, at least not mine. I have a Spigen Neo Hybrid case on my phone and it completely covers the sides. All in all it's not an issue for me on my S4. Pics are the same side, I just turned the phone around, and I could not replicate on the opposite side.
yruty9a2.jpg
yhybyzeb.jpg

This is a sticky note and I didn't try with anything else. I was gonna post a video but apparently don't know how.
Just tried with my s4 as well. I can get a post-it note to stand up in either side, but no business card.

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
Also, this guy gets it too.

Thanks Android Authority for making me feel better. This is about the way I assumed things stood. Also gives great looks at the device.

Looking at this video, I know the case will cover up where the gap is. Looking at my Gnote3 it has the gap there also. I just removed my Neo Hybrid case to check it out!!! This will not be any problems. Check Out My Gnote3 it has the Gap at the top.
6ee54d4f243f599f15aff7f2fa85897f.jpg

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I went by VZW to play with the 3 a little the other day, but I had to remind myself that mine will be better. Funny thing, it had the image of a red play button burned into the screen. They should really have better displays out if they want to sell phones. I can only hope it was recent and they figured it was ok to leave since the 4 is coming soon.

They never pay any attention to their phones ...no clue most places I visit ...

M8 tap'd

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
There has always been gaps in some Samsung phones. We would not of even noticed it if it was not brought to our attention. There is a gap in my Gnote3. I have had no problems what so ever. I had to take my case off and search for the gap with a sticky note to find it. Another found it on his GS4. He has not had any problems and would not of noticed it if it was not brought to his attention. I think this whole thing is stupid. People are making a big thing out of nothing. Just like Bendgate. Although I am not an Apple fan that was also blown out of proportion, because people weighing over 100 pounds sitting on their phones in their back or front pockets (It is aluminum people). The thing is a case can fix both problems. Case will cover the gap and a case will make the 6+ more sturdy. Come on we are better then this lets move on!!!

OP
Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
There has always been gaps in some Samsung phones. We would not of even noticed it if it was not brought to our attention. There is a gap in my Gnote3. I have had no problems what so ever. I had to take my case off and search for the gap with a sticky note to find it. Another found it on his GS4. He has not had any problems and would not of noticed it if it was not brought to his attention. I think this whole thing is stupid. People are making a big thing out of nothing. Just like Bendgate. Although I am not an Apple fan that was also blown out of proportion, because people weighing over 100 pounds sitting on their phones in their back or front pockets (It is aluminum people). The thing is a case can fix both problems. Case will cover the gap and a case will make the 6+ more sturdy. Come on we are better then this lets move on!!!
I think we have Preach. ;)

jfriend33

Reaction score
Um BFD. my droid maxx, in fact every droid I've owned has had gaps. Who cares? Is this a waterproofing issue?

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk