Gallery Not Refreshing/Not Showing

droided1

Reaction score
Having issues getting pictures and icons to show up in the gallery. I had everything backed up so used astronomical and removed all of my pictures and icons, then put the icons back in, however the pictures (thumbnails at least) still show. When I go to a picture it wont load though, so not sure what's going on. Seems to not be updating. I've tried running a program called sdrefresh, but still not refreshed. Any help please?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Having issues getting pictures and icons to show up in the gallery. I had everything backed up so used astronomical and removed all of my pictures and icons, then put the icons back in, however the pictures (thumbnails at least) still show. When I go to a picture it wont load though, so not sure what's going on. Seems to not be updating. I've tried running a program called sdrefresh, but still not refreshed. Any help please?

I don't really understand what all this means: "removed all of my pictures and icons, then put the icons back in". Why did you remove all your pictures? And what does "then put the icons back in" mean?

Anyway, you may want to try the following: Settings/Applications/Manage Applications/All/Gallery/Clear defaults/Clear Data.

OP
droided1

droided1

Reaction score
Ok apologies for confusion.
I removed all the pictures and icons I had within scum folder, had a ton in there, so I removed them all. Then I put an icon pack back in, however gallery wont recognize any of them. I removed the thumbnail files too, thinking that may help, but now gallery just shows a ton of broken images
I tried going to manage the gallery application from all listing, and weird... but gallery isn't listed, even though I can run the viewer.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Well the Gallery not showing is really odd. I better leave this one to someone that is knowledgeable in your rom. If this was a Droid 1, I would recommend reinstalling the rom. But with your phone and that rom, I'm not sure that's good advice.

Good luck.

OP
droided1

droided1

Reaction score
Reinstalled rom and seems to work, but now I can't see any of the new icons im trying to use in gallery or bettercut. Wtf???

OP
droided1

droided1

Reaction score
Yes, .png files, don't see a .nomedia...
Thx for the help too...

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
What is the folder named and where is it on the sdcard? Make sure it isn't nested in a folder in a folder in a folder, etc. You may want to create a folder named Pictures on the root of the sdcard and then put the icons in it.

OP
droided1

droided1

Reaction score
I've tried that and gallery still wont display them... this is getting really odd. Begining to think its rubix

OP
droided1

droided1

Reaction score
... ok. So Ill totally show my newbie side. Found a .nomedia file in root of SD card. Removed, and all is well. Thanks for the help B.