Galaxy SIII

xDMONEYx

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Huawei Nexus 6P
Twitter
bentxnail
So, it appears as though the SIII will be coming to Verizon. Are any of you guys considering switching from your precious Nexus to the SIII? I, for one, am definitely considering it. It seems like it will be a gorgeous phone. I probably won't make any concrete decisions until full details about the phone emerge. I am sitting on an upgrade still, so it is very well possible that I will pick up the SIII. What about all of you?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Nope. If I feel like I want a new phone I'll just flash a new ROM:)

The specs on the SIII are impressive, but I still think quadcore is overkill. I'll wait til the software catches up.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Verizon wont be getting the quad core version sadly.

Reaction score
nahh, this phone rocks.

it's not like when moto releases a piece of crap, then a much nicer phone a month later for the same price :icon_eek:

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Verizon wont be getting the quad core version sadly.

I don't think a lot of them are. Only like two GS2 here in America got the dual core Exynos (SGS2E4GT from Sprint and the SGII for US Cellular). The rest all got SnapDragons, so I'm guessing these ones will get S4s.

OP
xDMONEYx

xDMONEYx

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Huawei Nexus 6P
Twitter
bentxnail
The fact that it won't be quad core makes it more appealing to me, as I think quad cores in phones is way unnecessary. I guess the deciding factor for me will be the screen. I really love my Nexus, so it will be a tough decision. ROMing on this thing is just too easy and too fun.

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
I don't think a lot of them are. Only like two GS2 here in America got the dual core Exynos (SGS2E4GT from Sprint and the SGII for US Cellular). The rest all got SnapDragons, so I'm guessing these ones will get S4s.

Part of the reasoning for that was due to the Exynos not working with LTE chipsets. Apparently the new ones work with LTE, so hopefully that means the US doesn't get gimped versions yet again, or some carriers getting gimped versions that is lol.

As to the OP, am I going to get one over this device? Probably not. While I am sure it is a nice device, and will be very drool-worthy, I just can't see myself willingly spending a ton of money on something that doesn't do things much better than my current device already does. A slight bump in hardware isn't going to make me want to jump ship for the amount of money it would cost me to do it. The nexus does everything I need it to do. I don't care about benchmarks, and I don't play a ton of complex games on the phone.

SiGfever

Reaction score
I am due for an upgrade and have been having a hard time deciding between the Nexus or wait for the SIII on Verizon. Since the phone will have to hold me for a couple of years, I want to get the best phone possible. What are your recommendations?

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I wish it was quad-core for Verizon. The speed will be enhanced, yes, but it's also suppose to be more stable when it comes to performance and battery. So I'd much rather have quad than duel core if this is true because that's definitely not overkill - it's improvement.

And yes, I will definitely be getting this phone if it does indeed come to Verizon like that.. sitemap or whatever shows. I still have an upgrade left on my line, so... :) I'll probably switch between this and my Nexus, unless I like the SIII that much more. But the Nexus still feels brand new to me.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
No one knows what they will announce on the 3rd. I get the impression the US will be announced also.

How many cores is speculation but quad core is ridiculous since they haven't even changed most applications to dual core.

Looks like a very nice device though. I guess we'll hear Tuesday.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Now that I've read more about quad cores, it will actually benefit the operating system multi-tasking, it's just specific apps that won't benefit initially.

Verizon won't get the quad core because for some reason they still haven't developed one that will play nicely with LTE, so that's out for sure for us.

I don't really care if it's quad core or not, but I definitely don't like getting left behind in terms of specs because I choose to be with the best network.

Honestly, it doesn't really matter at all to me because I still play with my Nexus like it's the first week I got it, so I'm not too worried for the next year and a half. Will be interesting to see what they've come up with, but as I've said before, we've hit a bit of a ceiling in terms of how good the hardware can perform under real world performance.

I would like to see a Super AMOLED Plus screen @ 4.7'' though, should be beautiful.

Reaction score
quad core serves no purpose other than a marketing ploy. it'll work too, people are idiots :D