Galaxy Setup

lvziggy

Reaction score
Im trying to get an idea of how I should have my galaxy setup. Which roms/security/apps do you have on your rooted galaxy?

Sgt Fury

Reaction score
Synergy rom, CWM touch, Titanium backup pro, mobile odin pro. I also have been using Rom manager just because it very easy.

RoWilJr

Reaction score
Carbon 1.6.1 w/Ktoonesz kernel tweaks, CWM Touch, TB, ROM Manager, Mobile ODIN, Root Explorer, CatLog, various apps... Running buttery smooth.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

OP
lvziggy

lvziggy

Reaction score
Got it. How do I download custom roms?

OP
lvziggy

lvziggy

Reaction score
Which is a good starter rom that is stable?

Sgt Fury

Reaction score
I say go with synergy r443. Use the link I posted. You can even watch a review on the rom. I would trust downloaded roms from sites like xda and the like. The newer build are towards the bottom of the list.

OP
lvziggy

lvziggy

Reaction score
Okay I have rom manager is it reliable?

Sgt Fury

Reaction score
First time I flashed, I booted into upload mode and used odin but every time after that I just used rom manager. I do recommend making a backup in CWM if thats is the recovery you decided to go with. I also recommend a wipe and flash. My first time I dirty flashed and had success but you arent gonna get any advice to do it that way.

OP
lvziggy

lvziggy

Reaction score
I downloaded synergy r443 but when I try to copy it over to my device it says the device has been disconnected or has stopped responding

Sgt Fury

Reaction score
Could be your samsung driver. I had to use an earlier version for my pc to see my phone. You could download it straight to your phone if you're on wifi. Also, who is your carrier? Just want to make sure I steered you to the right rom. You could soft brick if you flash a rom not for your device.

OP
lvziggy

lvziggy

Reaction score
Its a i747 for att. Do you mean samsung kies and where would I get the driver to download directly to my phone?