Galaxy 3 for Galaxy 4?

jamjr74

Reaction score
OK so I picked up the HTC one yesterday on T-Mobile. Great device but unfortunately tmobiles customer service is lacking. Due to a number porting issue and lack of a solution I am staying with big red. Guess I'll wait for the s4! Kinda prefer Sammy anyway.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

debrad0307

Reaction score
I won't be!!

Still love my GS3. People are AMAZED at how customized it is. In fact a lot of people can't use it because they accidentally open things or move to another page or something. And when iPhone users see all the widgets I have, and realize they have to go into settings or open an app to do the same thing....the way they try to hide the jealousy...it's great...

Point being I have absolutely no reason to upgrade unless I want to feel cool with the latest and greatest. I've done this a lot in the past and what I've learned is.....it's not worth it. Wait about 4-5 months for initial reviews/problems/fixes. You might find the S4 is just a flashier S3. Sure NOW it sounds way more advanced, but the X2 was supposed to blow the X out of the water.

Yeah, that didn't happen...

I have to agree with you on this 100%. I remember when I wanted the X2.. and I quickly found out it was a waste of money. I'm faced with the same situation between the S3 and S4. I can't find any good reason for me to ditch my S3 ans go get an S4. For me, the phones are identical. The screen resolution means nothing to me. I don't watch movies on my phone.. I have a tablet for that. The processor speed? I can get my S3 faster than the S4 with the Synergy rom. IMO, if you have an S3 akready just stick with it. You're going to end up paying more for a phone that does the same exact thing.

Sent from my Synergized S3

debrad0307

Reaction score
The deal breaker (for me right now) is that you can only get the S4 in 16GB where you can get the S3 in 16,32,64 GB versions. For a phone of this caliber 16GB is a "no win". I understand you can put a 64GB micro in it but only so much can go on it. Hell, 6 GB of the 16 GB is already eaten up by OS and bloatware. (YES, I have the Note 2 that only has 16GB of onboard storage....that is what I don't like about it)

Now if they offer a 32 or 64 GB S4 then I will likely get one.

Did the S3 start out only being offered in 16GB? Does anyone remember?

Rom it! Get all that crap off of it. Save your memory for pics, music, and vids. You'll love your phone even more once you have a rom on it. The S3 comes in 16 and 32. I have the 16... no issues once I got verizon's crap off.

Dalvik_Cache

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have to agree with you on this 100%. I remember when I wanted the X2.. and I quickly found out it was a waste of money. I'm faced with the same situation between the S3 and S4. I can't find any good reason for me to ditch my S3 ans go get an S4. For me, the phones are identical. The screen resolution means nothing to me. I don't watch movies on my phone.. I have a tablet for that. The processor speed? I can get my S3 faster than the S4 with the Synergy rom. IMO, if you have an S3 akready just stick with it. You're going to end up paying more for a phone that does the same exact thing.

There is a massive hardware difference in the s3 and s4. The s4 hardware difference is night and day.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

debrad0307

Reaction score
There is a massive hardware difference in the s3 and s4. The s4 hardware difference is night and day.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

I said FOR ME there is no difference. I didn't say that there wasn't a difference in general. IMO there is no difference for what I use this phone for.

NOVICE

Reaction score
6 phones in the last 36 months. Loved the S3. But the only phone that quenched my desire for a quick upgrade was the Note 2.

That being said, the Note 3 might be too big even for me.

biggles

Reaction score
Put it another way, the S3 was a big jump over its predecessor. The S4 is a smaller jump. Both have the same 2 gb ram (in the US at anyway). 1080 vs 720 is not as noticeable on a 5" phone vs a computer monitor or big screen TV. The quad core processor in the S4 is faster, but an S3 is still pretty snappy (the Jelly Bean update definitely helped here with project butter). Combined internal plus sd card storage is same. All in all it doesn't make sense for the average user to upgrade from an S3 to an S4.

jcoppola33

Reaction score
I have to respectfully dis-agree. The SGS4 has a full 1080 HD display, 13 MP Camera, and a Quad-core processor. Thats a pretty dramatic improvement in my humble opinion.

I got both the Droid DNA and Note 2 when they came out. There is a VERY noticable difference between the 1080 display on the DNA, and the lower res Note 2. It's surprisingly noticeable.

just saying that a 1080 screen on a 5 inch screen will of course look ALOT better than a 5.5 much wider screen at 720 think about it, droid dna more pixels in a smaller space and the note 2 less pixels bigger space

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Waiting for the S5, my Rooted S3 running CM 4.2.2 JB RC2 is smooth as butter, it will surely hold me over for another year plus. For next year I see faster more energy efficient processors, better screens, and hopefully better reception and service from other carriers like Sprint and T-Mobile, but am not holding my breath for either one.

VanishGem

Reaction score
I’m having Samsung Galaxy S3 its an awesome mobile with varies features like 4.8 inch 720p HD super display, which pixel density is 306pp. I think its better than S4.

plaztek98

Reaction score
S3 is every bit as good as s4
Especially when u can just flash same roms
I'm more worried if there's gonna be a S5 next year ect ect......

~R¤¤ted~

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Should I hold on to the Galaxy 3 or should I get the Galaxy 4?
Do yourself a favor, go Root and Unlock your phone and set yourself free from Verizons and Samsungs bloatware, you will never look back, your device will just fly thru applications, from browsing to scrolling to just about anything, you will be amazed what a bloat free phone feels like.

Last edited:

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
I’m having Samsung Galaxy S3 its an awesome mobile with varies features like 4.8 inch 720p HD super display, which pixel density is 306pp. I think its better than S4.
Hardware wise the S4 has better specs, you are making no sense. Now if you own an S3 is it worth the upgrade, I say no, you should always wait for the second generation of your device to make the jump.

debrad0307

Reaction score
So I know I said that I want going to get the S4 because there wasn't much of a difference for me but I'm taking the plunge in august. I played with the S4 at Verizon and I have to say I am impressed. So. ... I'm a hypocrite. :D

Sent from my Synergized S3 using Tapatalk

jamjr74

Reaction score
I went from the s3 to the s4 and couldn't be happier. S3 is great but the s4 is definitely a step up.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2