Galaxy 3 for Galaxy 4?

cindylike24

Reaction score
That's exactly my situation, and I think I'm about to take the plunge on the S3. My Bionic was my first smart phone, and I loved it. But I need the extended battery just to get through the day and I'm getting tired of the bulk. My only worry is that the Bionic took every drop I ever gave it. I do worry about the S3's durability.

Get a nice case for it. I've got two that I absolutely love. One is a PureGear case in Black and Gray. The other one that I use a lot is a Ballistic case that I found on e-bay in Navy Blue and Cobalt Blue. Neither case adds a lot of bulk to the phone and they both protect the phone very well. Something that the girl at the Verizon store recommended that I get was a PureGear screen protector that has a lifetime warranty on it. You just pay the initial price of the screen protector when you first buy it and if anything happens to the screen protector, you can take it into the Verizon store and they will put on a new one for you free of charge. Pretty sweet deal there. This one doesn't tend to show the fingerprints on it and I'm one person who can be anal about having a lot of fingerprints on my screen. Just my two cents worth here.

lm2

Reaction score
Get a nice case for it. I've got two that I absolutely love. One is a PureGear case in Black and Gray. The other one that I use a lot is a Ballistic case that I found on e-bay in Navy Blue and Cobalt Blue. Neither case adds a lot of bulk to the phone and they both protect the phone very well. Something that the girl at the Verizon store recommended that I get was a PureGear screen protector that has a lifetime warranty on it. You just pay the initial price of the screen protector when you first buy it and if anything happens to the screen protector, you can take it into the Verizon store and they will put on a new one for you free of charge. Pretty sweet deal there. This one doesn't tend to show the fingerprints on it and I'm one person who can be anal about having a lot of fingerprints on my screen. Just my two cents worth here.

Thanks for the tips!

cindylike24

Reaction score
No problem. Also, you're going to love the battery life on the S3. Samsung phones do tend to be more efficient on battery life. I haven't had the need to spend the money on an extended battery for this phone. Standard battery lasts a long time on a charge.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Another fun but very underrated fact is screen protectors are actually better for protecting the screen from cracking than a case. Of course nothing is guaranteed and each drop is different, but cases are generally better for the corners and buttons and whatnot. There's some good youtube videos out there if you want to see the tests for yourself. Fortunately there are some good/affordable screen protectors that fit perfectly on the screen so you can use any case. Asphalt is a phone's worst enemy and fortunately I'm yet to drop it on that, but I've dropped my S3 onto tile several times and still looks brand new. And I do use a screen protector, occasionally a case depending on what I'm doing.

That's exactly my situation, and I think I'm about to take the plunge on the S3. My Bionic was my first smart phone, and I loved it. But I need the extended battery just to get through the day and I'm getting tired of the bulk. My only worry is that the Bionic took every drop I ever gave it. I do worry about the S3's durability.

I LOVED my Bionic's extended battery. Added hardly any bulk, about a credit card's width, and almost doubled the life. Unfortunately the S3 doesn't even come close to what that could do, but it's still a decent battery considering. I can't believe they still haven't released an extended or slim extended battery. At least not in 'Merica. The 2300mhz one doesn't count since that's basically worthless and just trying to get more money out of you.

cindylike24

Reaction score
Another fun but very underrated fact is screen protectors are actually better for protecting the screen from cracking than a case. Of course nothing is guaranteed and each drop is different, but cases are generally better for the corners and buttons and whatnot. There's some good youtube videos out there if you want to see the tests for yourself. Fortunately there are some good/affordable screen protectors that fit perfectly on the screen so you can use any case. Asphalt is a phone's worst enemy and fortunately I'm yet to drop it on that, but I've dropped my S3 onto tile several times and still looks brand new. And I do use a screen protector, occasionally a case depending on what I'm doing.

I LOVED my Bionic's extended battery. Added hardly any bulk, about a credit card's width, and almost doubled the life. Unfortunately the S3 doesn't even come close to what that could do, but it's still a decent battery considering. I can't believe they still haven't released an extended or slim extended battery. At least not in 'Merica. The 2300mhz one doesn't count since that's basically worthless and just trying to get more money out of you.

I have a screen protector as well as a case on my phone to help protect it. I figure having both things as well as well as making sure I have insurance on my phone just in case something happens to it.

Am I the only one that's not really having an issue with the battery life on this phone with the standard battery? The only place that I ever have any issues with battery drain on this phone is the office that I work in because of the metal walls. But then again, I've had that problem with my previous smartphones. My solution to the issue is to put the phone on my charger when I'm at work. So far, it has worked out great for me.

Ok. Rant's over. I feel better now.:)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
I mean I'm not having "issues" with it, so to speak, it just doesn't remotely compare to the Bionic's slim extended (which also barely added bulk) which is what lm2 is coming from. I could also still use almost any of my original cases, a huge bonus for an extended.

The S3 just barely get's me through the day. Unfortunately not all of us can get to a charger while working. Usually when I plug it in at night I'm at about 5-15%...on average. I'm a moderate user, I use Poweramp/GMusic, email, and Kindle regularly, but only a handful of games or other random uses throughout the day. Does the job, but not the best I've encountered. Still love my S3 dearly though. I have an upgrade available, but nothing really stands out that seems like a logical upgrade. Even announced phones are still kind of "meh" for me. But we'll see, Moto and LG do have some promising hardware on the way.

lm2

Reaction score
. Still love my S3 dearly though. I have an upgrade available, but nothing really stands out that seems like a logical upgrade. Even announced phones are still kind of "meh" for me. But we'll see, Moto and LG do have some promising hardware on the way.

Thanks. This is great to hear from another former Bionic owner.