Galaxy S6 with glass back and non removable battery?

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
So rumor has it that the Samsung Galaxy S6 will have a glass back a non removable battery.

I own an Xperia Z3 with a non removable battery and it doesn't bother me. Will a non removable battery be a deal breaker for you?

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
I don't keep a phone long enough for it to bother me. I can see those with multiple year contracts having some concern.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
Yeah you can't really compare other phone's battery lives to the Z3. That phone is the beast in longevity.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
@Jonny Kansas I'm aware of that thread , silly. It's in the news section and eventually gets burried.
Kinda figured. Just wanted to link them together. Maybe I'll throw a link to this one in that one too. ;)

Sent from my Note 4 via Tapatalk

OP
wicked

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Cool, go for it. ;)

OP
wicked

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Sweet. thanks! :cool:

silverfang77

Reaction score
Yes and hell yes. I had a phone with a non-removable battery that went bad on me. If I'd wanted it repaired, I'd have had to ship the whole phone away and waited for it to be repaired. After that, I swore no more non-removable batteries ever again. I'm dismayed that so many phone makers do this now. Just because Apple does something, doesn't mean everyone must emulate them.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Yes and hell yes. I had a phone with a non-removable battery that went bad on me. If I'd wanted it repaired, I'd have had to ship the whole phone away and waited for it to be repaired. After that, I swore no more non-removable batteries ever again. I'm dismayed that so many phone makers do this now. Just because Apple does something, doesn't mean everyone must emulate them.
I replaced the battery on my wife's iPhone. There is a tool available on eBay to open the case without any damage. I would assume the same can be don with other manufactures phones.

eddiekeyton

Banned
Reaction score
Twitter
eddiekeyton
I replaced the battery on my wife's iPhone. There is a tool available on eBay to open the case without any damage. I would assume the same can be don with other manufactures phones.
Most if not all phones can be taken apart and the battery can be replaced. It's just having the know how and patience.

Bluesman2008

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung GS5
Unlike previous Galaxy models -- which are some of the most popular Android phones in America -- the S6 will not have a removable battery, and it won't support microSD storage cards. In other words, you're stuck with whatever's built into the phone -- just as you are with the iPhone.

Samsung Announces New Galaxy S6 Phones Opens Fire On Apple

This is a deal breaker for me. What the hell were they thinking?

Curved screen? No way. No matter how you hold it, either your fingers or the palm of your hand will cover the curved part. Lame idea. Too gimicky.