Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Im on Tmobile. Just released it today!

Just for the couple minor things....Like changing the 4x4 to what ever(5x5,7x7).....
I having experienced much in the way of lag at all really. Im rooted and cleaned up shop a bit and optimized some things. But even before that, lag wasnt an issue.

One thing i did find though is that when your in one handed key boardmode, your supposed to be able to pinch zoom and it makes the keyoard big again....but it doesnt....I dunno....

Cool thanks for the info. Just an FYI I use Nova Launcher on my rooted S4 just because I like to take away the dock and I feel it is a bit snappier. But there is a setting that will let you resize any widget on the home screen. Just something to maybe try until ROMs come out.

combatmedic870

Reaction score
Cool thanks for the info. Just an FYI I use Nova Launcher on my rooted S4 just because I like to take away the dock and I feel it is a bit snappier. But there is a setting that will let you resize any widget on the home screen. Just something to maybe try until ROMs come out.

Sorry i added a little bit more^^

I would do that, but i think i would loose some functionality of the S pen. Im going all in with the S pen! All or nothing! Ive never had a phone that could do more then what normal phones can do. So i got alot of learning to do!

OP
Preach2k

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
If Your Note 3 has any Lag. Here is a Fix!!

If you Note3, Note2, or GS4, has any lag here is a fix.

[video=youtube_share;EEjQMM8xplc]http://youtu.be/EEjQMM8xplc[/video]

WestOkid

Reaction score
Turning off animation is not addressing lag. It is dumbing down the UI. Touchwiz is the only skin with a quad core processor that has trouble doing simple animations. Even if you get rid of all the animations, the home screen transitions will continue to Lag as soon as you put large widgets on them. Try it. Lag is inherent to Touchwiz so just accept it.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

combatmedic870

Reaction score
I just did it.It works

Sent from my Note 3 rockin Jelly Bean 4.3

:(

Well...You shoulda read my post #65! LOL

I didnt know about the home button one though so that was helpful! Thanks!

@Westokid, This has been a fix for 4.0+ device lag since the Gnex(atleast ive been doing it since then, i dont want pretty , i want fast). Its not really just a touch wiz thing. I had to do this same thing with my old IPhone 5. The Iphone 5 had really long animations, to make it look nice while the device loaded up the app. You turn it off and it is noticeably faster, but you still had to wait for the program to load. Atleast with the Note 3 the programs loading is very very very short in most cases.

This is good advice for someone that actually thinks the device is laggy. 90% of the population wouldnt notice. But people that flash roms and play will phones notice it.

So far, this is the fastest phone I have played with! its huge but fast.

OP
Preach2k

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
DroidNCState
I did that with all my Samsung phones as soon as I get them. Had no lag on my GNex. It kept it running smooth.
Changing the Animations to .5x.

OP
Preach2k

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
DroidNCState
Galaxy Note 3 Tips & Tricks Ep. 10: Give S Voice Another Chance,

[video=youtube_share;y1qz1A-lsuo]http://youtu.be/y1qz1A-lsuo[/video]

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
This phone needs to hurry up and release already. I sold my S4 yesterday, had to go back to my Droid Pro running GB 2.3.4. Won't even let me add my Gmail because it is not supporting the two stage authorization. I feel disconnected.