Galaxy Note 3 First Unboxing Video and Hands On Video

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
Really want to hold this and the new Sony in-hand, but considering that there is almost zero chance of the Sony coming to VZ this is probably what I'll go with. I don't think my D2 will hold out until the S5 drops, so it's pretty much either this, the Moto X, or the HTC one, and the Note 3 just seems to take the cake in almost every way, though I really don't need that large of a screen.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Really want to hold this and the new Sony in-hand, but considering that there is almost zero chance of the Sony coming to VZ this is probably what I'll go with. I don't think my D2 will hold out until the S5 drops, so it's pretty much either this, the Moto X, or the HTC one, and the Note 3 just seems to take the cake in almost every way, though I really don't need that large of a screen.

Man you are going to flip when you use a newer phone coming from the D2! Warp speed!

OP
Preach2k

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
30 Tips and Tricks for the GNote3

30 Tips and Tricks for the GNote3.

[video=youtube_share;S2Yr7PvgKQw]http://youtu.be/S2Yr7PvgKQw[/video]

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Once you get it you'll wonder how you ever managed on such a tiny screen before. When I first jumped to the Rezound from the Inc 1 I was in nirvana for a while. Now I'm using a 5.5" screen with Foxfi working and have no more need to tether my tablets to be able to see better. The irony of it but that's another topic.
If your eyes aren't worn out from age you might not appreciate the difference as much but it's a huge one for me.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
Notate

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
Once you get it you'll wonder how you ever managed on such a tiny screen before. When I first jumped to the Rezound from the Inc 1 I was in nirvana for a while. Now I'm using a 5.5" screen with Foxfi working and have no more need to tether my tablets to be able to see better. The irony of it but that's another topic.
If your eyes aren't worn out from age you might not appreciate the difference as much but it's a huge one for me.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
Notate

The main thing is that I really don't want a phone that I need a belt clip/case to carry around. There's no way a screen that large is going to work out well in jeans and slacks going up and down the stairs and hills at school. I'll watch the last vid posted above and see how it sways me, but the footprint of the Note 3 and Z1 are my main concerns with either. I guess they have to give you a reason to go to the Note 3, but the design of the Note 3--shape wise--in an S4 footprint with S-pen functionality is what I really want.

I will say that one major point of value would be not having to pull out my laptop for most things. One of the guys in a morning class I have uses his S4 for almost everything in that regard, so something slightly larger, faster, and with a brighter screen and more functionality wouldn't be the worst thing ever. That is going to be a lot of real estate for me to do my custom home screens on though =p

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
The main thing is that I really don't want a phone that I need a belt clip/case to carry around. There's no way a screen that large is going to work out well in jeans and slacks going up and down the stairs and hills at school. I'll watch the last vid posted above and see how it sways me, but the footprint of the Note 3 and Z1 are my main concerns with either. I guess they have to give you a reason to go to the Note 3, but the design of the Note 3--shape wise--in an S4 footprint with S-pen functionality is what I really want.

I will say that one major point of value would be not having to pull out my laptop for most things. One of the guys in a morning class I have uses his S4 for almost everything in that regard, so something slightly larger, faster, and with a brighter screen and more functionality wouldn't be the worst thing ever. That is going to be a lot of real estate for me to do my custom home screens on though =p

Eh, my Note 2 is always in my front pocket no matter what I'm wearing. Jeans, shorts, slacks etc. Never a problem or even noticed.

NOVICE

Reaction score
Personally don't feel much of a difference between Galaxy S and Note series when it comes to pocketability. Had them both, both exceptional (but I'm wholly dedicated to Note 2 and any successors thereto).

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Pocket test for the Note 2.

[video=youtube;daDBBU_r3MM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daDBBU_r3MM[/video]

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Someday someone is going to use one of these monstrosities as an emergency splint

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Someday someone is going to use one of these monstrosities as an emergency splint

If the rumor that there'll be a Note3 with a plastic screen you might be onto something there. No chance of glass shatter in an open wound

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
Notetoo

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
That's why I got the flip case. It goes in and out of my pockets very easily. My work carry is in an OtterBox with holster but when out and about the flip case is perfect.

I also gotta say all the hysteria about holding a large phone to your head is just silly. Did anyone look great with a cell phone held up to your ear?

from my spanking new Samsung Note 2

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I also gotta say all the hysteria about holding a large phone to your head is just silly. Did anyone look great with a cell phone held up to your ear?

from my spanking new Samsung Note 2

We're not back there yet. Getting closer but not there yet.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
Notetoo