Multiple Windows Open on The GNote!!!

[video=youtube_share;78Ye5IXuwSE]http://youtu.be/78Ye5IXuwSE[/video]

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Give me that phone with Motorola radios and Motorola build quality and I'm in.

combatmedic870

Reaction score
Im kinda tired of hands on videos and everything, it just needs to be released already!!!

Edit: Going to go check out a display model today! Wish me luck!

Last edited:

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
Give me that phone with Motorola radios and Motorola build quality and I'm in.

Indeed. Samsung has definitely had some reception issues. I'd like to see some drop tests as well. My Droid 2 ate it off the bedside table this morning and as usual it's running just the same as before.

combatmedic870

Reaction score
I got to play today for around 45 mins! The back was a little disappointing( ok maybe a little more then a little). Its not even plether like, its just straight plastic(it looks cheap). The stitching on the white version looks like poo(it looks cheap). I didnt get to see a black one. Its EXTREMELY light. Almost too light, it throws you off a little. The fuax metal border didnt inspire confidence. I think the neo hybrid case would make a good bed fellow.

Ok now that i got the bad first impression about the build out of the way. The metal border did allow for more grip due to it being ribbed. The back is grippier vs the note 2(it also feel better in the hand vs the note 2, smaller somehow). The S pen allows you to put it away in 2 different ways, so that makes it more functional. The S pen was very responsive, you could strictly only use the S pens and be just fine. The S pen feels better in the hand vs the note 2. I opened up dev options and turned off all ani and enabled force GPU, like I always do with every 4.0+ device and its definitely a responsive device in every way. Its sadly better then my nexus 7 V2 in every way possible(besides build). Everything is very fluid. The screen looks GREAT! The camera is pretty cool, the burst option will be fun with my dog. I couldnt find the video settings to change from 30p to 60p (or 24p if its offered). You can take full size pics while recording which is cool. The editor is nothing to brag about really. Its an extremely functional gadget. I dont know about call quality or DB or anything. The speakers sounded good while playing what does the fox say on you tube, the music video was cool to watch on that huge screen in HD. It felt just as fluid as my Iphone 5(I had 8 windows open multi tasking and didnt stutter what so ever). Compared to the current note 10.1, it blows it out of the water in every single way!

BTW Im left handed and have REALLY bad handwriting and it recognized it just fine(this was the most important thing to me! The only real test I had for it), also you are able to write pretty dang small and it still recognizes it!!

All in all, I signed up to hold a device for instore pick up on the 2nd! The first impression didnt inspire confidence, but its nothing a decent slim case wouldnt fix(and cover up the stupid back IMO)

OP
Preach2k

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
I got to play today for around 45 mins! The back was a little disappointing( ok maybe a little more then a little). Its not even plether like, its just straight plastic(it looks cheap). The stitching on the white version looks like poo(it looks cheap). I didnt get to see a black one. Its EXTREMELY light. Almost too light, it throws you off a little. The fuax metal border didnt inspire confidence. I think the neo hybrid case would make a good bed fellow.

Ok now that i got the bad first impression about the build out of the way. The metal border did allow for more grip due to it being ribbed. The back is grippier vs the note 2(it also feel better in the hand vs the note 2, smaller somehow). The S pen allows you to put it away in 2 different ways, so that makes it more functional. The S pen was very responsive, you could strictly only use the S pens and be just fine. The S pen feels better in the hand vs the note 2. I opened up dev options and turned off all ani and enabled force GPU, like I always do with every 4.0+ device and its definitely a responsive device in every way. Its sadly better then my nexus 7 V2 in every way possible(besides build). Everything is very fluid. The screen looks GREAT! The camera is pretty cool, the burst option will be fun with my dog. I couldnt find the video settings to change from 30p to 60p (or 24p if its offered). You can take full size pics while recording which is cool. The editor is nothing to brag about really. Its an extremely functional gadget. I dont know about call quality or DB or anything. The speakers sounded good while playing what does the fox say on you tube, the music video was cool to watch on that huge screen in HD. It felt just as fluid as my Iphone 5(I had 8 windows open multi tasking and didnt stutter what so ever). Compared to the current note 10.1, it blows it out of the water in every single way!

BTW Im left handed and have REALLY bad handwriting and it recognized it just fine(this was the most important thing to me! The only real test I had for it), also you are able to write pretty dang small and it still recognizes it!!

All in all, I signed up to hold a device for instore pick up on the 2nd! The first impression didnt inspire confidence, but its nothing a decent slim case wouldnt fix(and cover up the stupid back IMO)

All videos I have seen said the the white version feels cheap on the back of it and the black version has a better feel and is a different material.

combatmedic870

Reaction score
All videos I have seen said the the white version feels cheap on the back of it and the black version has a better feel and is a different material.

This would make me very happy! I hate to say something looks bad, but it really does look bad(in my opinion of coarse). Im sure the black stitching is less noticeable.

Last edited:
OP
Preach2k

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
DroidNCState
Samsung Galaxy NOTE 3 N9000 vs N9005 / Exynos octa vs Snapdragon 800!

Samsung Galaxy NOTE 3 N9000 vs N9005 / Exynos octa vs Snapdragon 800...

[video=youtube_share;Fdnj-kdAYnE]http://youtu.be/Fdnj-kdAYnE[/video]

OP
Preach2k

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
DroidNCState
30+ Galaxy Note 3 Tips and Tricks

[video=youtube_share;bPCYuvtgb24]http://youtu.be/bPCYuvtgb24[/video]

TechLheaStarr

Reaction score
I dont even like Samsung phones, but THIS NOTE 3 has me Sold like the iPhone 5C Pink Sold Day 1...I NEED this device in my life lol

combatmedic870

Reaction score
The black back feels WAY different! Its grippy! The black looks Awesome.

BTW, so far im loving this device. I need a rom bad though!

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
The black back feels WAY different! Its grippy! The black looks Awesome.

BTW, so far im loving this device. I need a rom bad though!

What carrier are you on? Why the need for ROM? Lag, don't l like TW? Other?

combatmedic870

Reaction score
What carrier are you on? Why the need for ROM? Lag, don't l like TW? Other?

Im on Tmobile. Just released it today!

Just for the couple minor things....Like changing the 4x4 to what ever(5x5,7x7).....
I having experienced much in the way of lag at all really. Im rooted and cleaned up shop a bit and optimized some things. But even before that, lag wasnt an issue.

One thing i did find though is that when your in one handed key boardmode, your supposed to be able to pinch zoom and it makes the keyoard big again....but it doesnt....I dunno....

I guess my wording for wanting a rom wasnt really correct. Just little things annoying things.

What i really need to be doing is learning the phone what watching them tips and tricks videos! This device has alot to it!

Last edited: