G2 or wait for G3

Rhino94

Reaction score
Hi my upgrade is coming in a couple weeks for a new phone and I'm wondering should I get the G2 orctry to wait for a month or 2 for the G3. I am on Verizon so ik that phones take forever to be released to verizon customers. I am just trying to decide what is more worth it. I a. Also sorta an impatient person too so thx

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I just picked up a Vzw LG G2 because my gnex died on me. Pretty awesome device. Easy to root, brilliant screen, and fast. I got it for $50 with upgrade. I have an extra upgrade in the event i want to upgrade soon, but so far I'm incredibly happy with it.

comk4ver

Reaction score
Honestly just get the G2 the only improvement is the camera and if you look around you'll find the mod to improve the G2 to G3 standards.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
I went from the Maxx HD to the G2. G2 is far and above the better of the two phones and it's not even close. The Maxx HD was freezing and lagging constantly. The G2 is smooth as butter, but this is about whether you should upgrade now or later. That's the questions asked everywhere all the time. I've heard the G3 is at least 3 months away, so is your current phone working well? If so, I'd wait. If not, get the G2. It's an awesome phone. Its the best Android phone I've had since the Dinc.

coolicool

Official DF Vendor
Premium Member
Reaction score
At this time I think G2 is enough for me.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
Can't go wrong with the G2, it's beyond it's time.

OP
Rhino94

Rhino94

Reaction score
I went from the Maxx HD to the G2. G2 is far and above the better of the two phones and it's not even close. The Maxx HD was freezing and lagging constantly. The G2 is smooth as butter, but this is about whether you should upgrade now or later. That's the questions asked everywhere all the time. I've heard the G3 is at least 3 months away, so is your current phone working well? If so, I'd wait. If not, get the G2. It's an awesome phone. Its the best Android phone I've had since the Dinc.

Yes my phone is lagging and freezing a lot. I have the RAZR Maxx. My 3rd refurbished RAZR Maxx.

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
Yes my phone is lagging and freezing a lot. I have the RAZR Maxx. My 3rd refurbished RAZR Maxx.
Yup. That was my problem with the Maxx and why I went to the HD. Then after JB came out, the HD started freezing all the time. One thing about the G2, we shouldn't have the freezing problem. Its just too fast. I ran quadrant the other day, just to see. It scored off the chart.

Pailhead

Reaction score

I came from the Maxx as well. It was a great phone for about 21 out of the 24 months I had it, but those last three months were really brutal. If your Maxx is anywhere near as bad as mine was while I waited to finish out my contract, I'd highly recommend making the switch now.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
My wife had the RAZR maxx and she needed a phone, bought the g2 outright to keep her on unlimited data..great phone..the only thing is..should you decide to buy a case from amazon, use the model number from the device..because vzw's g2 has a different button placement than the other carriers g2.. And their cases will NOT interchange..

HarvesterX™

Reaction score
The G3 will also be sporting the newly revamped Optimus UI skin (they still calling it Optimus UI lol?). All I've seen is screenshots of it, but do far to me it looks a lot better. It's hey to be known of LG well update the G2 and Flex with the new UI though. The G2 may very well get it as well, but I'm not counting on it. HTC updated their older devices to the new Sense do it's not ridiculous...

Besides aesthetics of the new UI, the G3 should have a nicer display. The Snapdragon 805 is just an overclocked 800 so that's not an issue as we can already overclock our G2's. Hmm, oh and the camera has an additional sensor that's used to autofocus. It uses a laser to focus in on your audience so even in poor lighting you should get super fast focusing. Those are the differences that pop off my head immediately. If you already have a phone that's working fine you might as well just wait. If you are in need of a good decide now though then the G2 won't let you down. Even if LG doesn't update the G2 with the new UI, somebody will :)