Full Website vs Mobile Site

mjgantz

Reaction score
How can I force a full site on my browser. I have tried Dolphin browser and had no luck. Thanks for any help. I am using a Droid X with 2.2 OS

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Hobn

Reaction score
Use Dolphin HD, menu button, tap the more button, then settings on the bottom. It works for me.

iwasapirate

Reaction score
Another option, using the stock browser it to type in the url box "about:debug" (no quotes), enter.
Nothing with happen, but if you go to your browser settings and scroll all the way down to the bottom of them there will be a new set of options. Select "UAString" and from there you can select what you want your phone to identify itself as to webservers (Android, Desktop, or iPhone).

tl;dr
Browser > URL: about:debug > Menu Button > More > Settings > UAString.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Another option, using the stock browser it to type in the url box "about:debug" (no quotes), enter.
Nothing with happen, but if you go to your browser settings and scroll all the way down to the bottom of them there will be a new set of options. Select "UAString" and from there you can select what you want your phone to identify itself as to webservers (Android, Desktop, or iPhone).

tl;dr

That's super usefull information. Thanks!

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
M

mjgantz

Reaction score

tl;dr
Thanks. I have my Dolphin HD's user agent setting on desktop (instead of android, iphone, or ipad). Same concept with the browser method which is an awesome tip. Can you switch back to mobile viewing easily (I.E. within the same menu) or do you have to enter a sstring into the browser again?

iwasapirate

Reaction score
Can you switch back to mobile viewing easily (I.E. within the same menu) or do you have to enter a sstring into the browser again?p

about:debug acts as a sort of toggle for turning the debug menu settings on and off. You only need to run it once to activate the menu. Running it additional times just enables and disables displaying the new options.

OP
M

mjgantz

Reaction score
Word. Thanks pirate.