Full Pics of Motorola Droid RAZR Revealed at Teaser Site

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Is it just me or are all the new Moto phones based off the Droid X? Hoping it has a 4.5" screen at least. 4.3 is nice but I'd like just a little more screen realestate. I'm torn between this and the new nexus. I've always been a Moto fan but these locked bootloaders are driving me up the wall.

Yes and no. It seems like the DX style is a verizon thing. As both the Atrix and Photon don't share anything with the DX. In addition the DROID line (OG line?) all have their own style.

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
I was excited for 10 seconds then I remembered that blur (or whetever it's called now) isn't a feature. They're releasing a Gingerbread phone with their MotoBlur junkware on the day a Nexus device gets released. HA! Good luck!

I'll pass. I doubt this phone will get an OS upgrade before Spring.

Last edited:

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think I can answer a few misconceptions here.
  1. This phone does have a removable battery. I've posted pictures several times of the article on Droid-Life showing it next to the Bionic...with the back off showing the battery.
  2. I'm not sure where the 4.5" screen rumors started but we've known since August this phone was going to have a 4.3" screen...or at least I did. In the same article of the RAZR next to the Bionic, you could clearly see the screen was the exact same size on the side by side pictures. The people that start these rumors might just want to say a phone has a 4.3" screen because I'm not sure how you get a 4.3" and a 4.5" screen confused. I've seen the two side by side (My Bionic next to a Samsung Infuse) and the Infuse is clearly larger

Sherry

Reaction score
My poor husband was so excited when he heard they were releasing a new RAZR!!! He is still using the original RAZR and thought he would get a new phone, he almost cried when he found out it was a smart phone. He only wants to talk and rarely text. He refuses to give his RAZR up and Verizon is so frustrated because he won't upgrade. LOL

zwegan

Reaction score
I feel like I am the only one who H A T E S the camera hump on the X/X2/RAZR.

It is honestly enough for me to not want the phone.

Guess I am still waiting for solid info on Vigor.

Graymayre

Reaction score
Is it just me or are all the new Moto phones based off the Droid X? Hoping it has a 4.5" screen at least. 4.3 is nice but I'd like just a little more screen realestate. I'm torn between this and the new nexus. I've always been a Moto fan but these locked bootloaders are driving me up the wall.

The style is due to hardware requirements. The motherboard is located in the upper rear of the phone, with the processor, radio, and camera. To make the phone slim, they slimmed up the battery but there wasn't much they could do with the rest that was practical while maintaining performance.
Thus this style will probably persist for a while

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Sweettooth

Reaction score
This is shaping up to be a pretty slick phone, and therein lies the problem/worry. I bought the original Moto RAZR right when it first came out; it was hellishly overpriced in my opinion, but its claim to fame was that it was so thin. The original didn't even have video recording, a feature that already existed and should have been available standard for a phone at it's price. It also had a terrible little camera, even for the time. I can only wonder if this phone will follow suite, shaving off feature(s) that have come to be expected in favor of aesthetics while still maintaining its colossal sticker price. I could be wrong, and I hope I am, because I, like many others still rocking the OG Droid, are in search/wait of a worthy replacement to carry around for another two and a half years!