Full Pics of Motorola Droid RAZR Revealed at Teaser Site

meaker

Reaction score
Love the look but I'm worried the battery is too small.. I would rather a little thicker phone to have room for a long lasting battery, good antenna, speakers and camera..

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
The razr line never had good battery life. Unless you got an extended battery or turned off the 3G.

Though, maybe motorola did something with it. Apple is always boasting amazing battery life and their stuff is pretty thin.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
I thought the razr would not allow for an extended battery ... wasnt their a rumor that you could not remove the battery. Then again to not be allowed to do a battery pull with android could cause some problems...or maybe not cuz my acer you cant do a battery pull.

Yea, a no battery pull option would cause problems for me. Like smashing the phone with a hammer!

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
I thought the razr would not allow for an extended battery ... wasnt their a rumor that you could not remove the battery. Then again to not be allowed to do a battery pull with android could cause some problems...or maybe not cuz my acer you cant do a battery pull.

Battery pulls are not necessary if the device has the power off now feature built into the hardware (like newer devices and computers do).

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Battery pulls are not necessary if the device has the power off now feature built into the hardware (like newer devices and computers do).

How does that work?

sweenbeen

Reaction score
So the same design as the X but with out the hard keys? Lol

clueless77

Reaction score
I'm sure that's not final design but I think I'd get it either way but by the time my upgrade is here the bugs with be gone

VTX

Reaction score

No kidding. I don't see what the big deal is. The artist renditions of the Nexus Prime, or whatever it's going to be called, looked a lot nicer to me.

r314bd

Reaction score
Haha honestly part of me thinks that's why they made the screen so big...just so they could have more real estate in the back for battery they're gonna need

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score

don't forget the same "turned in" edges as the photon!

Its just gunna be a droid x2 with bionic software, no big hoopla.

The D3 is just the X2 with omap instead of Tegra in a shiny D1 body.

The Bionic is just the D3 with 1gb of RAM and LTE, in a DX/D3 body with no keyboard.

So the RAZR is just another mutation of their current lineup.

:p

They're all copying the iphone's form factor anyway! Oh wait...

sb1831

Reaction score
Haha honestly part of me thinks that's why they made the screen so big...just so they could have more real estate in the back for battery they're gonna need

The Bionic has good battery life IMO. Everyone speculates that the Nexus on VZW will be some uber phone but in reality it is the first dual core LTE phone on Verizon's network that they have ever had. It has a far higher chance of having crappy battery life or lower than expected benchmarks than any new phone coming out from Moto now that they've gotten on the TI train.

loki993

Reaction score
Yea, a no battery pull option would cause problems for me. Like smashing the phone with a hammer!

Which may not do anything considering the gorilla glass and Kevlar lol, obviously kidding, but still its cool.

It's built into the hardware design; nothing to do with Android.

So do the hard keys tell us that this is not ICS enabled?

I was really hoping for no hard keys too.

The Bionic has good battery life IMO. Everyone speculates that the Nexus on VZW will be some uber phone but in reality it is the first dual core LTE phone on Verizon's network that they have ever had. It has a far higher chance of having crappy battery life or lower than expected benchmarks than any new phone coming out from Moto now that they've gotten on the TI train.

ummm.......The Bionics dual core and LTE....