Motorola Droid RAZR and MotoActv Launch Recap

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
I was holding out on the Bionic to see what issues that it will have and to also see what the Nexus Prime and the Droid Razor will offer. Now I am glad I did. I will not be getting the Bionic. Now I will be watching tonight very carefully at the Samsung Conference. Then my decision will be final. I will pr-order one off these 2 phones and right now the only thing that is holding me back from pulling the trigger on the Razor is if it has Ice Cream or not?

Supposed to come with GB 2.3.5 and it looked like it in the vid.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
I was holding out on the Bionic to see what issues that it will have and to also see what the Nexus Prime and the Droid Razor will offer. Now I am glad I did. I will not be getting the Bionic. Now I will be watching tonight very carefully at the Samsung Conference. Then my decision will be final. I will pr-order one off these 2 phones and right now the only thing that is holding me back from pulling the trigger on the Razor is if it has Ice Cream or not?

The Razr has GB.

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Is the "1800 mAh Extended Battery" the default battery it comes with, or is that referring to an actual user-replaceable extended battery? Makes me wonder what the non-extended standard battery size is.
That is the standard battery it comes with.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's effectively the same as the Bionic. However the screen will eat more power and the back is non removable. They already are talking about the same battery saving features we have because with this you need them.

Also without a removable back and Android I can imagine the problems.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
It's effectively the same as the Bionic. However the screen will eat more power and the back is non removable. They already are talking about the same battery saving features we have because with this you need them.

I'd also think any added features would be pushed out in an update.

Hopefully.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C

No option to pull the battery? Forget that! (Modders nightmare!)

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
One thing though, and I might be nitpicking, but I wonder why they aren't choosing to integrate the buttons into the OS as opposed to having capacitive buttons. I'd like the ability to customize those capacitive buttons and arrange them how I want them (the order they're in on the Droid).

Yeah, I'm very use to the way my buttons are on the OG. I would like it to stay that way. The back button makes sense where it is on the OG. No reason why it should not remain the first button one can press.

Ninjak

Reaction score
It comes with that. No one knows if its removable or not.

No option to pull the battery? Forget that! (Modders nightmare!)

That would truly suck. Somehow I can't imagine the RAZR or Nexus pulling off miracles with battery life, despite their power-saving AMOLED screens as evidenced by the Samsung Charge. If there's no way to swap a battery on those devices, I'd likely be forced to go with the Rezound. Ironic, considering its screen will be more power-hungry. I don't envision myself carrying a spare charger around with me like some iPhone users have to do. But I do love the design and likely high build quality of the RAZR. If its audio quality is untarnished (I'm looking at you, Bionic!) and its battery can withstand a day of heavy use without dying, I'll pull the trigger on a pre-order. Though I'd have to hope some insider can run some tests on it and post results before then. :dry:

big al

Reaction score
OK.
so no ICS,
No NFC,
cant change the battery.
it has hardware buttons that will become wasted space IF it gets ICS
locked bootloader

this will compete with the galaxy nexus how?
C'mon Moto get with the game.
First you release the Bionic then this which ups the Bionic but still falls way short of the greatest thing.:mad: