Full/low memory

denakisland

Reaction score
Pacific NW. Not so North and not so West.
So... my Eris is reaching it's limit. I've checked my apps and there isn't really anything that's very big. And I don't have a ton of apps.
Can the roms take up a lot of memory? I'm running PlainJaneT2 with Bloatware Delete and Default Font.
I'm just trying to figure out the best way to get my phone to be as awesome as it's gonna be. (Yes, I know I own an Eris.)
With every app upgrade I get the "Memory is full" icon in the notification bar. There is no cache to clear and I'm stuck trying to figure out what I don't want.
Any suggestions?

Jmart922

Reaction score
Have you tried deleteing any unused apps and what about music maybe you have too many songs stored on the phone as opposed to the SD card? I'm not too familiar with the Eris hardware or software just throwing out ideas, another idea would be to search the Eris forums on the same issue, I'm sure there's a few threads about it that might offer a solution

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'm also not familiar with the hardware. When you go to settings how much space is on the phone and card and how much is used up?

Astro will let you take all the installation files on your phone and back them up to your card. You can then uninstall all apps from your phone, which also gets rid of the install files on your phone. You can then use Astro to reinstall all your apps, leaving the install files on the card. This saves some room, but we don't know how much you have yet to play with.

In settings/applications you can sort apps by their size. That way you can see that Google Earth is your largest app at 30mb (if you have it) and then delete it from that screen. Or at least you can do that app-sort with newer versions of Android.

OP
denakisland

denakisland

Reaction score
I'm also not familiar with the hardware. When you go to settings how much space is on the phone and card and how much is used up?

Astro will let you take all the installation files on your phone and back them up to your card. You can then uninstall all apps from your phone, which also gets rid of the install files on your phone. You can then use Astro to reinstall all your apps, leaving the install files on the card. This saves some room, but we don't know how much you have yet to play with.

In settings/applications you can sort apps by their size. That way you can see that Google Earth is your largest app at 30mb (if you have it) and then delete it from that screen. Or at least you can do that app-sort with newer versions of Android.

Well, thanks bunches for the advice and suggestions. Since I have done both of these things I suppose I have just outgrown my phone. Darn. Now I have to wait until March to upgrade... Bummer.
As of now I have about 18mb of space left on my phone. When I reach a low 16mb it gives me the warnings that it's running out of space. Honestly, I don't know how much it had originally. I'm sure I could look it up if it was really that important.
It's all good. I'm messing around with it here and there to see what works. I was really wondering if it was the rom that could have taken so much space to begin with.

bjbear5103

Reaction score
you've only had your phone since march? that's not cool if you've already "outgrown it". as much as they cost and the monthly plans, it should last longer than 6 months, fer cryin' out loud. just sayin'...

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
Well he did start off with the Eris so that's understandable. Do they have 2.2 based roms for the Eris? If so, is your rom 2.2 based? If it is, you may be able to move some apps to the sd card.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
denakisland

denakisland

Reaction score
I've (as in she) have had it longer than March, but not much longer, since we like to play musical phone upgrade in my house. The next one isn't available until March and my husband is telling me I need to give it to one of my sons. Uh... yeah right!
You're totally right, I did start with an Eris, but I have been flashing different ROMS and I have taken care of the problem! Thanks!

nikkic

Reaction score
I have the same problem

How did you take care of the problem? I have the same problem and I don't know how to fix it?