Full Interactive Brokers Application for Droid

traderlars

Reaction score
Hello gang and thanks in advance for your help.

I have not yet purchased a droid tablet because I would like to know if I can run the full IBTWS on a droid tab, rather than the droid version of TWS which is for droid phones and isn't very useful. It's stripped down and doesn't include many useful tools. IB tech support doesn't have an answer, they just suggest that I use the droid telephone version which sucks.

Let me tell you why I am hopeful and then I'll let the software experts tell me it isn't going to happen.

As I understand it the droid front end is all java based, well it just so happens that the full TWS package is delivered as a simple .jar file. So let me quickly explain how it works. I download the .jar file which works for both linux and apple systems. I place the jar in a folder, navigate to that folder and execute this command....

java -cp jts.jar:hsqldb.jar:jcommon-1.0.12.jar:jfreechart-1.0.9.jar:jhall.jar:eek:ther.jar:rss.jar -Xmx512M jclient.LoginFrame .

I apologize if that is hard to read, but that is what the instructions dictate.

So....... do you think I can run this on a droid tab?
Also. Which 10 inch droid tab should I buy? I was thinking about the samsung galaxy but I am also considering waiting for the toshiba excite.

All helpful suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Enjoy your Monday evening.

All the best,
TraderLars

Last edited: