Froze Bloat, Homescreen Gone

km75

Reaction score
Ok that list. Here is what you do. Make sure you keep titanium un-installed initially. Download/install a free home launcher and then start titanium backup. At the very least if the blur launcher fails to show up the other one will. Just make sure you see what happens before you install TB

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

km75

Reaction score
there is something in that list that my phone doesn't respond to well. I froze all the apps I found appropriate and I'm having no problems... maybe look through it and Identify which one is causing the issue? Or I can reproduce the issue by freezing and checking the screen one by one.

That's exactly what I would do. But the first thing you want to establish is whether or not the phone functions properly w/o TB installed.

OP
T

ThaUrbanMyth

Reaction score
I'll give it a shot, honestly, i just went through the whole list on my phone. The only thing I didn't freeze this time is accounts and backup assistant and have no problems. everything is froze just fine and my homescreen is fine.

km75

Reaction score
I'll give it a shot, honestly, i just went through the whole list on my phone. The only thing I didn't freeze this time is accounts and backup assistant and have no problems. everything is froze just fine and my homescreen is fine.

Glad to hear you got it working.

imnotmikal

Reaction score
Go to market.android.com (on your computer)
Install any Launcher/Home remotely to your X2.
Click Home on phone, should go to the new launcher you installed.
From there, go back into TB and unfreeze apps until stock home works.

bradleonard

Reaction score
I'm going off of this list

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-x2-hacks/156391-list-deleted-apps-tibu.html

I resinstalled TiBu and it doesn't re freeze apps.

I have a little bit of experience with this problem as I did something similar.
The list that linked above is not one to follow. This guy suggests freezing "authentication" apps. That will cause the problems like you are mentioning.
This thread at Post #10 mentions what appears to be much safer list.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-x2-tech-support/157697-cant-access-contact-data.html

However, I am going to ask if the guy who created this list still feels that this is a safe list. I still wonder if deleting or freezing backup assistant will cause undesired problems.

Read this thread, http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...talled-contacts-storage-now-im-screwed-2.html

it explains how to replace system files if you are able to operate your phone. Pay attention to the instructions in Post #6 and then read my notes in regard to the procedure at Post #17.

I don't think a factory reset will fix the issues that Titanium Backup is creating. One other thing I found out today, Titanium Backup does not seem to actually backup apps, it only saves the data from them and creates a download link from the market. So if you delete a system app or "Bloatware" but think that you backed it up first with TiBu, you will be unhappy with the result when you try to restore it since its not in the market for download.

Hope this helps those are freezing or uninstalling apps with TiBu.

Reaction score
Go to market.android.com (on your computer)
Install any Launcher/Home remotely to your X2.
Click Home on phone, should go to the new launcher you installed.
From there, go back into TB and unfreeze apps until stock home works.

Thats what I would've suggested. Or couldn't you just press the search key and type titanium backup and un freeze the crap you froze? I'm sure that'd work perfectly fine

"The road to hell is paved with good intentions"