Froze Bloat, Homescreen Gone

ThaUrbanMyth

Reaction score
It's as simple as that, I rooted the phone, froze bloatware, homescreen disappeared. the phone still unlocks and i see the task bar time and all but my homescreen is just all black. Someone Help?

km75

Reaction score
Sounds like you might have froze BLUR HOME. Are you using another home launcher

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

OP
T

ThaUrbanMyth

Reaction score
No, I don't think I did though, I could be wrong. What's my next step? Factory Reset?>

km75

Reaction score
Unless you could somehow go into your settings menu which im assuming you can't.

OP
T

ThaUrbanMyth

Reaction score
haha yeah, i can't do anything except unlock the phone and look at the taskbar.

km75

Reaction score
That's what I kind of figured. I did the same thing before. I would bet money that you froze the blur home apk. You are going to have to do a factory reset to get it to come back up

OP
T

ThaUrbanMyth

Reaction score
Did the factory reset, all is well. Just wish It didn't have to go that far. I'm 99.9999% sure i didn't freeze anything blur but oh well. I removed all icons and widgets from the home screen, back at it again.

km75

Reaction score
What did you use to freeze the bloatware?

OP
T

ThaUrbanMyth

Reaction score
I'm using titanium backup. FYI I tried freezing again and the same thing happened. I wonder if you use backup assistant and you try and freeze it that may cause this? I didn't get very far down the list before I tried to go back and my homescreen was gone again.

km75

Reaction score
1st off what exactly are you freezing? Secondly, and this is why I asked what you used, is you're going to have to make sure titanium backup isn't re-installed. At least until you can be certain that you didnt freeze something accidentally. Once it re-installs whatever you chose to freeze will automatically be frozen again.

km75

Reaction score
I'm using titanium backup. FYI I tried freezing again and the same thing happened. I wonder if you use backup assistant and you try and freeze it that may cause this? I didn't get very far down the list before I tried to go back and my homescreen was gone again.

No backup assistant wouldn't do that. What list are you referring too?

OP
T

ThaUrbanMyth

Reaction score
there is something in that list that my phone doesn't respond to well. I froze all the apps I found appropriate and I'm having no problems... maybe look through it and Identify which one is causing the issue? Or I can reproduce the issue by freezing and checking the screen one by one.