Home Screen Problems/Refreshes

Daballer155

Reaction score
I am having a serious issue with my homescreen

Whenever I unlock my phone and try to the homescreen the screen lags, goes black, and then comes back to the home screen. Sometimes it does this 3-4 times before finally letting me do something. I currently have Juicedefender and juice plotter and Advanced Task Killer as my main running programs..

Any ideas?

serveitup911

Reaction score
At first glance, Advanced Task Killer is probably your issue. Uninstall that and see if you still have the problem.

OP
D

Daballer155

Reaction score
At first glance, Advanced Task Killer is probably your issue. Uninstall that and see if you still have the problem.

What in turn would you recommend for a task killer that wont cause this issue?
Anyway to continue using advanced task killer and not have this prob?

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Task killers work against the Android System and are not needed, android has a very succesful built in task managment process and it is probably being conflicted against by these extra apps you have installed.

What Home Launcher are you using?

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
In the market they have different Home Launchers available for download, these allow more homescreens and custom icons as well as some other good things (I use launcher pro) it seems you use the stock launcher, I would suggest you delete the task killer, juice plotter, and juice defender, and reboot your device. These are all probably working against eachother and your system, post back with your results.

OP
D

Daballer155

Reaction score
Just deleted the advanced task killer..has yet to lag/refresh at home screen...hopefully this works

thanks for the help, mighty kind..

have a good one, ill reply again if it starts again later on