Froyo on X

boddah

Reaction score
Streaming your non-DRM home music library straight onto your Android device.

Does anybody know what app does this? Any possibility of installing it on a 2.2 Droid1?

Juicemane

Bang Bang
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Is it me or does it feel like we don't have JIT on this leak? I heard the EVO's original leak didn't have JIT but the official got it.

I think you may be correct... Something about this just doesnt feel like froyo. I did both an upgrade and a clean upgrade from an sbf flash and its equally just the same. It feels like 2.1 with flash. Runs smooth, but my Benchmarks are nothing like they should have been. Quad went from 1300 to 1400, linpack went from 9 to 14 (nice change, but my droid running 1ghz ran 14+ on froyo with ease... with 512mb ram and a better GPU I would think the X should have scored around 2k in quad and 16+ on linpack. Something is off. Still happy with froyo so far though, runs smooth, loving flash. :icon_ banana:

umx

Reaction score
I keep getting the status 7 error, i never installed a theme on here only thing i have done is used titanium backup to remove ****, but i did a factory reset and wiped the cache before i did this.. and still nothing..

umx

Reaction score
apprently i cant edit my post...

but its also saying

Verifying currently system assert failed" apply_patch_check("/system/app/mynet.apk"." and then a ton of random letters and numbers.

E: error in /sdcard/update.zip
(status 7 )
Install aborted

OP
M

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I imagine it is safe to assume that when the official OTA update comes out we will still be able to update if there are any enhancements or changes from this update?

Yes if an OTA release is sent then you will get prompted to install it. Think about though...chances are we wil have the files before VZW releases em. Hell they called me today and asked where they came from :icon_ banana:

rcjames

Reaction score
I wonder why my quadrant score went down!? I was at 1250 with 2.1 now at 1205 with 2.2...

I didn't run quadrant before the update, but my X is rooted, has all the bloatware enabled and gave me a 1334 Quadrant. On the bar graph, it looks even with the Nexus One on 2.2.

I had gotten up to 1150 - 1200 on my stock 2.1 Droid (unrooted.) I just ran it now that I'm Froyo and my results were: 1410, ABOVE the Nexus One 2.2+ bar.

Again, that's just stock (with bloatware) and unrooted.

I only have 50 mb of ram left and i ran the benchmark with 2.1 with alot of software in it and music. My score is 1254

rcjames

Reaction score
Now my score is 1411 when i killed active app. At first call though my mother said i sounded low, second call got better. Anybody have that issue at first? It was laggy a bit at first boot, i'm on second boot, seem to speed up a bit after reboots. So since we broke the warranty, is it very easy to flash back to 2.1? Just incase if i need to take it back to verizon for either i break it or something? And some of you guys saying that once verizon release the 2.2 it shouldn't effected to those that always have 2.2?

rcjames

Reaction score
I imagine it is safe to assume that when the official OTA update comes out we will still be able to update if there are any enhancements or changes from this update?

Yes if an OTA release is sent then you will get prompted to install it. Think about though...chances are we wil have the files before VZW releases em. Hell they called me today and asked where they came from :icon_ banana:

I hope so. So once the 2.2 is released from verizon, are we able to download else where if the update page in our phone wont work? Just like how we downloaded this leaked version?

bucknutz

Reaction score
One minor annoyance I've found is a new txt from a person down your txt inbox doesn't jump to the top of the list anymore. I don't see an option in the settings to change it? Any ideas?

phatkat66

Reaction score
Still lookin around... any way to theme back to stock without using fabs nandroid?

OP
M

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Still lookin around... any way to theme back to stock without using fabs nandroid?

Yes SBF back to 2.1 then root it. If you need further help PM me. The SBF may be hanging around here but since moto has a C&D on the leak we dont keep it public