Froyo on X

cincycats51

Reaction score
Maybe I am missing something? But ever since I installed 2.2 this morning, my unlock screen features are actually terrible. On 2.1, I turned off the slide lock and had just the pattern lock, and I could also just have the slide lock. Ever since 2.2, I can only have BOTH slide and pattern lock, which is annoying, or neither, and everytime I turn the screen back on it just resumes what I was doing. I want either JUST slide lock, or JUST pattern lock...not both

GThree

Reaction score
Unrooted and just finished the install. The unlock screen seems a little laggy but I rebooted the phone once more and I'll see how it turns out.

Mine was a little laggy at first, and then everything smoothed out and sped up. It's much faster and I have ZERO issues.

TurboTech

Reaction score
Ok got it installed and running and it seems great. Much smoother and I seem to have a better signal to.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
clockworkmod
Droid X users: You can now grab your update to Froyo off ROM Manager. :) (Get the newest version, 2.0.2.4)

You must have Droid X Bootstrap installed to use ROM Manager. It handles a lot of boilerplate of setting up the initial recovery.

Reaction score
Ok, I was stock and not rooted and then installed 2.2. Is there a way to root said 2.2 or will I have to wait until they root/wait until the official release comes out?

sruel3216

Reaction score
this was weird for my but worked. i decided to do sbf cuz i had bootstrap. it completed but all it did was take my root away...i had same background all my apps, everything, just no root. i rooted my phone and installed froyo for root. booted up fine and have 2.2 now but no root. any ideas?

Reaction score
Super User access, so you can delete all of the bloatware VZW puts on the phone. And will eventually lead to ROMs and Overclocking

Nadious

Reaction score
Few things I have noticed:

- Comments on the Market pages are not showing up. (Not that it is major.)
- LOVE the new gallery interface!
- Phone is much snappier. A LOT less lag than before.
- There is a new icon in the 'power bar' widget (wifi, usb, etc.) It is on the screen. You get the three standard brightness levels, but there is one that turns the LIGHT icon into one with an 'A' in the middle. Any idea what this is?
- New battery meter is nice. Nothing major, but like the display and batter life picture.
- Browser seems more responsive
- Flash is already built in. I went looking for it, only to realize it was already there. (Works great.)

I do have one question:

Tethering: Is WiFi tethering still for rooted users only? And if not, where do I find it? I assume it is for rooted only.

TurboTech

Reaction score
Next dumb question, do have have to keep the update file on the sd card after 2.2 installed or can I delete it? It dosn't really matter, but its kinda big..

DragTheRake

Reaction score

The comments are there, they just have their own page. Look for the tab at the top of the screen. I thought the same thing at first.

pkasin

Reaction score
Bluetooth Speakerphone is a NO-GO

I tried using Froyo on my DX with my car speakerphone... there is no change I can find over 2.1! I had understood this was fixed, but perhaps this leak doesn't include the fixes.

Anyone else notice this?

Nadious

Reaction score

The comments are there, they just have their own page. Look for the tab at the top of the screen. I thought the same thing at first.

Thanks, Drag. Appreciate it greatly.

Also, I noticed the camera now has an ON SCREEN button to press. I HATED pressing the camera button!!!!! I'm so glad they got this.

I have also noticed that there is no change in volume at all. I thought it was supposed to be louder, but it does not seem any different to me at all.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Is this feature not available let: "Streaming your non-DRM home music library straight onto your Android device."