• Total voters

WenWM

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
froyo.png

It’s no doubt t that people love Froyo, I mean with its great speed and improved stability what’s not to love. Well apparently this new chart backs up my statement, saying 1/3 of all active Android devices run the latest Froyo. This number comes as a surprise because not all phones are updated and makers like HTC, Motorola and all are still working on getting their devices up to date.

The amount of devices shipped with Froyo is now up to 25% since it was made available. That number is thanks to devices like the Droid 2 and Droid X (after update) that already have Froyo on board. Hopefully that number matures until 2.5 or 3 is made available by Google.

These numbers are pretty significant and I am guessing if they also do a root vs. not rooted device count, we might see similar results with 1/3 of the people saying yes.

How does that sound to you? Is your device rooted? Vote in the polls and let us know.

Via: Softpedia

xsylus

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra H4233
just wait...

Wait until Gingerbread is released. Rumor has it that Gingerbread will only work on devices packing a 1GHz (or higher) CPU. That leaves a lot of good devices in the sidelines and it makes me wonder, if Gingerbread requires more processing power will it be any faster? Google needs to remember that no matter what awesome and powerful features they add to their Android OS, if it doesn't have that snappy, responsive UI that most Android users have come to know and love, it will not satisfy the masses. I've already seen a slight lag in Froyo on my Droid 1 and it drives me crazy. I've even wiped the device and then installed the latest Froyo build but it's still just a little more laggy than Eclair was. I'd love to buy a Droid 2, rip out the guts of it and put them into my Droid 1 so that I get the best of both devices; the cool black outer casing with a faster CPU, FM radio, tons of on-board RAM, and DLNA!

everstar80

Reaction score
Wait until Gingerbread is released. Rumor has it that Gingerbread will only work on devices packing a 1GHz (or higher) CPU. That leaves a lot of good devices in the sidelines and it makes me wonder, if Gingerbread requires more processing power will it be any faster? Google needs to remember that no matter what awesome and powerful features they add to their Android OS, if it doesn't have that snappy, responsive UI that most Android users have come to know and love, it will not satisfy the masses. I've already seen a slight lag in Froyo on my Droid 1 and it drives me crazy. I've even wiped the device and then installed the latest Froyo build but it's still just a little more laggy than Eclair was. I'd love to buy a Droid 2, rip out the guts of it and put them into my Droid 1 so that I get the best of both devices; the cool black outer casing with a faster CPU, FM radio, tons of on-board RAM, and DLNA!

Any idea on when the official ota release for gingerbread will be released. I've heard conflicting things on the forum as to what the next update will be for droid devices. Some say it will be froyo 2.3 or froyo 2.5 while others say it will be gingerbread. Does anyone know with a degree of certainty of what the next official update will be.

everstar80

Reaction score
I chose not to root. It does all of what I want it to. And I know if I tried to then somehow I would brick my phone. I just don't want to take my chances.