Android Now Wanted A Bit More Since June

WenWM

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
os.gif

Do you remember one year ago when Android was not very popular and not selling any significant amount compared to everyone else. Well times have changed since the original Droid came through and took over. Just after the Droid was released, if memory serves me right, the amount of people that were in the market for an Android device spiked to 25%. Now that 25% was in December of last year, and since then we have seen Evo4G's come by, and devices of Epic proportion. With all these new Android devices the number went up to something around 30% in June of this year, and another 7% since then. Now I am not sure what has changed in those few months, but if these numbers keep growing... Android will pass iPhone which is up by just 1% and with the launch of the G2 with T-mobile 4G, its over.

I personally thing nothing at this point except Android can stop Android's progress in the market. Only Google has the power to slow down the growth of their soon to be most popular product ever since Gmail. The treat of iPhone taking back the market is dead (unless Steve can spit out something with 4 inches and a slide out keyboard), the treat of Windows Mobile was never existent but Windows Phone 7 with Zune and Xbox might be a little problem.

I forgot to mention Palm is at 0 percent (thank god, I hated the Pre but was okay with the Pixi), while Blackberry is sitting at a growing 6% thanks to the Torch.

Via: AC

Last edited:

everstar80

Reaction score
I hope that the carriers and manufacturers realize how much android has filled their pockets and give us more freedom to simply remove apps that we don't want.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Dont worry, its just more stats for Jobs, Apple, iPhone 4 fanatics to discredit.....