Android Market Hits 200,000 Available Apps

WenWM

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
androidgrowth.jpg

The growth the Android market has been experiencing is a little less significant than before, but still pretty important to note. Androlib just recently declared the major 200,000 app count for our beloved mobile smartphone OS. This means just a few years after being lunched, it has almost as much apps as the over so popular and older, iPhone app store.
The number that we have is a rough estimate sadly, and from what Engadget says, Androlib is not always the best source for accurate information since they alleged stated the Android Market had 100K apps when it only had 70K. Never the less, we do hope this number is true, even though I am sure many of us don’t have more than 30 apps (not including stock) installed on their device.

Source (App store milestones: Windows Phone 7 hits 5,000 as Android passes 200,000 available apps -- Engadget)

smokiedabong

Reaction score
I would be more than happy if it had only 1000 , but good and useful applications . I don't think I can name more than 10 , let's say 20 applications that I use at least once a month . Some of the apps aren't even close to the quality they had on the old Windows Mobile I was using more than a year ago , XDA-Developers did a great job for WinMo .

add119

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
To many look at my signature.
It really 125,000 application. 98166 Apps + 19871 Games= 118,027 apps overall it look like Google has band more apps again. Last time i check it was 123,000+ apps on with games.

add119

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
It really near 120,000 applications. 98166 Apps + 19871 Games= 118,027 apps overall it look like Google has band more apps again. Last time i check it a week ago was 123,000+ apps on with games.

add119

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I have 150+ apps on my original droid 1 with 140 mb internal memory left. Sd portioning is your android friend.

xsylus

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra H4233
Would someone be willing to help me learn how to program Android apps. I've programmed in C++ and VB before and I was able to use Google AppCreator tool to create an app so I understand programming logic very well. I haven't programmed in Java before and where I get stuck when trying to write an app in Eclipse is the syntax. I've read several books on it but I still can't seem to get the syntax right. Any assistance / guidance / tips would be much appreciated. :cool:

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
I would be more than happy if it had only 1000 , but good and useful applications . I don't think I can name more than 10 , let's say 20 applications that I use at least once a month . Some of the apps aren't even close to the quality they had on the old Windows Mobile I was using more than a year ago , XDA-Developers did a great job for WinMo .

^+1000
Said that from the start... sadly Google was/is so worried about 'quantity' that they could really care less about quality (aside from malicious apps) just so they could have the marketing... Maybe now they will consider actually tightening up on the crap that gets released or, at the very least offer some sort of 'premium' or other 'labeling' for apps that meet certain quality standards.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Edit:
of course seeing their new '15 min' return policy it doesn't exactly instill confidence in their desire to maximize the market experience (least from the user/customer side)...

MoeDaddy

Reaction score
The more the merrier, now the boys at G need to work on making it easier to find the app you want. I have 241 apps on my DX and I use prolly 30 of them on a daily basis...

PolyOlefin

Reaction score
This number doesn't mean much to me anymore.

How many apps are there if you don't count themes, wallpapers, soundboards, and "sexy girl" apps?

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Too bad that out of those 200,000; approximately 163,872 of them are absolute crap.

(Yes, I made that number up out of thin air)

Seriously though, they should have someone figure out how many of those 200,000 apps are even worth the time they take to download. There's an especially huge amount of junk in the games section.