Froyo Manual Update: Tired of Waiting?

martin9752

Reaction score
So will the droid life Froyo update stop any other updates from coming to the phone in the future. I am running stock software and am tired of waiting for the update. I dont want to void my warranty though. Would verizon be able to tell if I did the manual update.

theguy386

Reaction score
It seems to be mostly with Handcent where I am getting a lot of lag in the keyboard. I tried typing out in gdocs and also typing out using tapatalk and everything seems to be running pretty smoothly. Any ideas?

RyanPm40

Reaction score
So will the droid life Froyo update stop any other updates from coming to the phone in the future. I am running stock software and am tired of waiting for the update. I dont want to void my warranty though. Would verizon be able to tell if I did the manual update.

It should not stop any future updates, and it shouldn't void your warranty as it is official. The update.zip is saved to the SD card, anyways, so they'd have no way of knowing if you updated manually or not, I would think! And this seems to be very stable- I don't think you have a thing to worry about of it doing something bad to your phone. Works great!

It seems to be mostly with Handcent where I am getting a lot of lag in the keyboard. I tried typing out in gdocs and also typing out using tapatalk and everything seems to be running pretty smoothly. Any ideas?

Completely offtopic question- In gdocs, can you view documents? Whenever I try using it and download something already in my gdocs, a blank document always opens... am I doing something wrong?

Grettski

Reaction score
I did the manual update today and it worked great. I still have the update.zip on my card. Can I just transfer that to my wifes phone and run it? Thanks everyone.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I did the manual update today and it worked great. I still have the update.zip on my card. Can I just transfer that to my wifes phone and run it? Thanks everyone.

If it is a droid then yes.

moopey

Reaction score
I just downloaded and applied the update. Works fine so far. although now that i have 2.2, i'm not sure what to do with it. haha.

Guidot,
How ya doing man. It's Derek with KA-T from 240sxone. Small world!

theguy386

Reaction score
Seems to work fine for me. I mainly use it as a basic notepad type of deal, but in the settings you can actually select what folder you want to sync

martin9752

Reaction score
So i did the update and everything seems to work well. Now do we have flash on the internet or is that something that we have to download seperate? Does this mean we can do farmville on the phone? I want to torture my wife. lol....

latenightrob

Reaction score
for either the manual or the OTA update will my swype still work? Or will I have to download that again? Thanks

martin9752

Reaction score
Hey guys, was helping a buddy of mine manually update his dinc over the phone. He got it installed got to the screen that said congrats your software is updated. Went into reboot and now the screen is dead...All black, even when plugged in the status light doesnt come on. Any suggestions? Need help asap...

theguy386

Reaction score
Hey guys, was helping a buddy of mine manually update his dinc over the phone. He got it installed got to the screen that said congrats your software is updated. Went into reboot and now the screen is dead...All black, even when plugged in the status light doesnt come on. Any suggestions? Need help asap...

try rebooting back into recovery mode and re-installing. If not try a battery pull