I found my lost Incredible after getting a replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

ragha2006

Reaction score
So I lost my incredible and after getting a replacement from the insurance company I received a phone call from someone who has found my lost phone.

My new Incredible came with Froyo. I had just updated my lost phone to Froyo (manually with the zip file) but wasn't working quite well. Pretty much all the same bugs people who updated manually to Froyo had been experiencing.

The old one works on a WiFi network but can't make any calls. So what to do?

Keep the new phone cause has Froyo already built-in and keep the other one for an extra battery? Or return the new one to the insurance and get a $89 refund?

Or can I reactive the old one under a different line, like my wife for example?

Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

jaben2

Reaction score
I think the deal with the insurance is if you find your phone you are supposed to mail it in. I don't believe the old phone will be able to be activated.

alitke

Reaction score
The lost one will have a dirty ESN so it will be forever unusable in terms of a phone. I would just keep the battery and do nothing with the phone as it is fraud if you sell the phone after reporting it stolen. You could report it to the Insurance company but more than likely they will want the phone back.

mtz_gto

Reaction score
You can find an "autherized retailer" that does in-house phone repair and sell it to them along with the battery and other things.
Im sure you will make more than your $89 dollars back.

Fraud is only when you write a bad check or claim your wife is dead while shes in the kitchen makin you dinner...

Dont sweat it. make a dollar.

techguru

Reaction score
I you got your new one as an insurance replacement, than your ESN has been blocked and it can not be reactivated. It technically belongs now to the insurance company and you should notify them that out has been found to see if they want it to refurb. If you bought your replacement than you can do whatever you want with the found one.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The phone has a bad ESN. Once you report it stolen, it can't be used, not legally. You should do the right thing and turn it in.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Fraud is only when you write a bad check or claim your wife is dead while shes in the kitchen makin you dinner...

Dont sweat it. make a dollar.

And with that, This is :closed_2:

Status
Not open for further replies.