From Palm to BB, and onto Droid

blinden

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel2 XL
Got the phone on order, not usually a bleeding edge kinda guy, but, everyone else in the office is getting one, so I don't want to be left behind.

I started with "smart" or "pda" phones about 5 years ago with a Palm Treo, loved the touch screen, but hated the software on the phone, switched to a BB Curve, which I like the software a lot better, but miss the touch screen, not a huge fan of the BB 'ball' navigation, or the crippled nature of the phone (thanks verizon, no, I wouldn't like to use the GPS or the WIFI or the Bluetooth).

When I saw Verizon was actually going to break down the walls for this phone, I decided I'll switch over with everyone else, hey, it's a free phone anyways.

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
define "free phone"...

and welcome to the forums!

OP
blinden

blinden

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel2 XL
yeah, our department gets free phones through work, I'm surprised they are letting me get this though, I just got the BB about 12 months ago, not up for renewal at all.

These otehr phones have been so crippled by Verizon though, drives me nuts. I'm a very technical person, and like to be able to poke around and do stuff, pretty excited about the open format.

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
the verizon crippling may be WHY they are getting you the motorola.. well, or the HTC, they both look sweet. anyway, its cool they are keeping you up to date though!

OP
blinden

blinden

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel2 XL
Probably has more to do with me being the squeaky wheel then anything else. There are only 3 people in our dept, so, not a big deal really, but it will be nice, we'll all have them and I'm a big forum reader, always staying up to date on stuff.

I have my BB I think a solid 3 or 4 firmwares ahead of what Verizon offers, I like to tinker a bit, I think this device will be really good for that.

Looking forward to being an early adapter to both the phone and the forum, will probably see it blow up in a couple weeks.