Jumped Ship From BlackBerry

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by cdkg, May 2, 2010.

1. cdkg

cdkg New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello everyone, I have made the switch from BlackBerry to Droid. after 2 days of use I cannot understand why I held onto my BB as long as I did. Perhaps my brief experience switching from BB to WinMo scarred me enough to be hesitant about any change my mobile OS. I gotta say that with a few exceptions (lack of combined sms&email inbox, Viigo, BB Messenger) I am very impressed with the android OS.
    I'm most impressed with the GPS (which works very well compared to BB), the screen resolution, and the Browser!!! Oh the browser, I have waited so long for the time where I could watch the 'Colbert Report' from bed on my phone, and thanks to Android, Motorola, and most importantly SkyFire, my dream has come true!!!

2. joeymoose

joeymoose Member

Ratings:
    +0
    As a former BB owner, Android is way more advanced and you will not miss a thing from BB in a week. BB messenger was the only thing I was worried about but now I could care less.

3. DroidHoff

DroidHoff Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Try using newsrob for your rss needs. I came from BB and newsrob filled my viigo needs well

4. cdkg

cdkg New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Sweet! DroidHoff, Thanks for the suggestion on newsrob
    joeymoose, I'm glad to hear that BBM isn't a concerning issue after a while. The rest of the capabilities of android, so far, out weigh my BBM addiction.