Freezing when attempting a recovery with bootstrap

Aiwa

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I attempted last night my first rooting on my droid x successfully. Got many apps running that I have been wanting to try out for very long time.
However later I was attempting to recover using bootstrap back to my old phone simply because of some numbers and important notes I had there. Unfortunately when when I try the recovery it takes a while and then it freezes the phone, while it is still in the recovery screen going through the files. Is there anything I should do before I recovered or has that happened to anyone else?
It sucks because I knew I should've done an online update of the notes but I don't think the app I was using (Note Everything) had this feature. Please any help would be appreciated. Did I lose my notes?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
What bootstrap are you using? Are you on GB or Froyo?

MIUI

OP
A

Aiwa

Reaction score
I am using Droid X Bootstrap recovery the one that shows on the youtube tutorials about rooting.
Now this may sounds dumb but I don't know if I have GB or Froyo. I didn't do any patches after I rooted and created the recovery on boostrap. Should I have done that?

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
If your notification bar is gray you have Froyo. If its blue, you have GB.

Since you were able to root and didn't install the rooted GB files with the bootstrap, you should be on Froyo.

Try uninstalling and reinstalling the bootstrap.

MIUI

OP
A

Aiwa

Reaction score
Ok it is gray so I guess I have Froyo. The problem is that everytime it freezes during the recovery I need to take the battery out and when I turn it on it's back to zero and I have to install bootstrap and everything all over so in a way I am installing is again after it froze and it does then it does the same. Also is it necessary to do a format on data/catch before performing the recovery? Either way I did and didn't and both froze :/

OP
A

Aiwa

Reaction score
Ok so I tried two more times and I noticed when it is going through the files for recovering it always freezes on the same file.
Is there anything I could do just with the advanced recovery?
What if really I can't recover my old config, what should I do now? I noticed that when I install some of the apps that I used to have they do not work and force to close because "couldn't load data..."
should I try to restore the phone to factory settings or what is the procedure when this happens?