Fox Fi

sutton241

Reaction score
Question I have 4g data plan if I use 6g with foxfi will I be charged for going over on my data plan or not.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
sutton241 said:
Question I have 4g data plan if I use 6g with foxfi will I be charged for going over on my data plan or not.

Yes, you will. You can put the My Verizon Data widget on your home screen and it tracks how much data you have used for the month. So far for my two kids with tiered 4gb, it seems very accurate. Keep data turned off unless you need it and use wifi with data off whenever you can and you will save lots.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

sutton241

Reaction score
Yes, you will. You can put the My Verizon Data widget on your home screen and it tracks how much data you have used for the month. So far for my two kids with tiered 4gb, it seems very accurate. Keep data turned off unless you need it and use wifi with data off whenever you can and you will save lots.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

Thx for the info.

N4UPD

Reaction score
I tried FoxFi on the rezound and it says it won't work on HTC phones.

GSdub510

Reaction score
N4UPD said:
I tried FoxFi on the rezound and it says it won't work on HTC phones.

FoxFi doesn't work on HTC phones (says in description of the app). That was the reason why I didn't get a Rezound.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums

jwilly216

Reaction score
Caesars said:
Or its that Verizon wants more money lol, IMO its nothing to do with a few thousand people using too much data but that's just an IMO ;)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

+1 exactly.
But no point in fighting the mob.or trying to educate people like that.they feel better blaming other people. Verizon values them too much to just be doing it for the cash, didn't u know that?? Lol -not why I came here though-

I have always wondered if there's a difference between foxfi and the wireless tether that I need root for.... Is over better than the other?

karlo2012

Reaction score
I love using Fox Fi but I come nowhere near using 50 gigs a month. I may average between 1 & 2 gigs per month. Before I upgraded to my Razr Maxx, I was using the HP Pre 2 & using Free Tether which doesn't have a way to password protect your hotspot. So every now & then I'd get a slow connection or disconnect b/c someone is bumming of my hotspot. With Fox Fi, I've got my hotspot password protected & no more disconnect & it shows the devices that are connected.

jwilly216

Reaction score
karlo2012 said:
I love using Fox Fi but I come nowhere near using 50 gigs a month. I may average between 1 & 2 gigs per month. Before I upgraded to my Razr Maxx, I was using the HP Pre 2 & using Free Tether which doesn't have a way to password protect your hotspot. So every now & then I'd get a slow connection or disconnect b/c someone is bumming of my hotspot. With Fox Fi, I've got my hotspot password protected & no more disconnect & it shows the devices that are connected.

+1
Same story for me.wifi on campus sucks so sometimes I'd notice it slowing down & I'd catch people mooching off my hotspot so I password protected it