Found an interesting "launcher" that I think I am going to like.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
TGPhQA6XiSkoD-UjjPngzJCV6boreQbBO3wEFjcMS9rFJtdTr5D2DRYqop0qM_TVlhY=w300-rw

Bubble Cloud Widgets Wear - Android Apps on Google Play

Clearly modeled after the Apple watch (or the Apple one modeled after it);

apple-watch-ft.jpg

...but I believe its functionality is quite useful and ergonomic..

This is pretty neat. As you use them more frequently they grow in size to overtake the area represented by the less-used apps, and they in turn get smaller. Eventually it will have your "profile" automatically customized by your usage patterns. There is a full-blown version that can be on both the watch and the phone. The free version can be on either but not both. There are also significant improvements or added features to the app with the paid version. The paid version comes in two varieties... You can either buy it outright for I saw somewhere on the web $2.49, or the better way is to download and install the free version and then buy the key here (Bubble Cloud Premium Key - Android Apps on Google Play for only $1.49.

I'll report back later what I like and don't like but for now it gives me great quick access to things on the watch and the phone without hunting them out.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
you guys are feeding the Apple ego....but I too will have to check it out.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Ok. I've been putting off using a launcher on my watch, but I saw this a while back & if you guys are gonna check it out, I think I will too. Downloading now.

Sent from my Note 4 via Tapatalk

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Nope. Can't do it. Don't like it as a watch face & the animation sucks because my preferred face isn't compatible, so it takes 4 seconds, regardless of whether the app is loaded quicker or not.

I'll try again later.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I still was able to use my wfc as the main face. So far it is niche have to see how it performs through the day as well as battery life.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Even if it doesn't work for most, it's good to see some steps forward in innovation. I read on Android Central where some have been able somehow to side load Nova onto their watches. I didn't dig into how they did it after I saw tech speak that was way over my head right at the start.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I still was able to use my wfc as the main face. So far it is niche have to see how it performs through the day as well as battery life.
You didn't get a warning that animation wasn't optimal?

Maybe they inserted the 2 lines of code necessary to send the bubble app info about whether the app was ready or not. (I clicked for info & was taken to the dev's thread on xda about the animations.)

I'd give it a better shot if the animations worked properly on a face I like. (I didn't have wfc on at the time of testing.)

I just installed wear mini launcher though, so I don't know what I'll decide. Haha!

Might be worth paying for this app to have a crazy bubble screen for a Homescreen though...

OP
FoxKat

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Nope. Can't do it. Don't like it as a watch face & the animation sucks because my preferred face isn't compatible, so it takes 4 seconds, regardless of whether the app is loaded quicker or not.

I'll try again later.

I turned off the animation. I just like the intuitiveness of the icon sizes and the ability to create categories for the screens. I will most likely pay the $1.49 and get the full-blown app, but I'm still playing with the free version till I'm sure I plan to stay with it.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I turned off the animation. I just like the intuitiveness of the icon sizes and the ability to create categories for the screens. I will most likely pay the $1.49 and get the full-blown app, but I'm still playing with the free version till I'm sure I plan to stay with it.
Can you provide me a screenshot of where you turned them off? The list of settings overwhelmed me & I gave up. Haha

Or just tell me what heading it's under?

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Nevermind. Found it. Looks like Wear mini launcher has better options for toggles though. Don't like that this one includes hotspot toggle with wifi.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I have been trying to figure out how to get your favorite cloud apps from phone to watch. So far they app has seemed buggy and left me looking at a blank frozen watch screen several times. I uninstalled it for now but since I paid for the premium version will try and give it another try later.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Wait, after paying for the application and the premium version you now have to buy a cloud app key I feel like I am being hustled. Why do I get the feeling the guy is trying to bank all he can before someone from apple send him a c&d?