For the Brave and the Bold. Are you with it?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
2017 and we are continuing to chase the Jetson's with flying vehicles. One vehicle that is getting some looks is the hover bike, which is basically what it sounds like a person mounting a large drone. So who among you are brave enough to want to test or own one of these vehicles.

Reactions: cr6

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
As someone who was actually a test pilot in the military back at the turn of the millennia I want to share two sayings I picked up along the way...

1) Never volunteer to fly the Alpha model of ANYTHING.

2) There are old pilots, and there are bold pilots. There are no old bold pilots.

I have zero interest in that thing.

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
I love the idea... but...

those rotors are WAAAY to close to the leg for comfort, move them out a bit, enclose them somehow and then maybe.... MAYBE

Great concept but definitely not something I would want to use in it's current iteration EVER

seriously one slip and there goes your legs, I don't care of the rotors are made from balsa wood, at that speed they'd still do damage.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I value my legs. My little 250mm quad has cut me pretty bad with its tiny 4" props. I wouldn't even be in that building without some from of shield in front of me in case that thing goes wonky.

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
Shin guards people, damn! I'll happily test this thing!

HaHaHa!! There's always one in every crowd!

I guess it'll be like this...

Last edited:
OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
While most are looking to take a step back someone is always willing to step forward.

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
Shin guards?!? I'd worry about a lot more body parts that just my shins on that machine. Now, if they put a full protective wire mesh cage around the rotors, I'd fly it. The current iteration looks like a death trap though. "Let's see what happens when we put Bobby in a blender".
It looks like the stability in flight is very precarious. Notice how totally still the pilot needs to be. Any leaning or sudden body movements and that baby's going down faster than the Hindenburg.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
What you call precarious I call: banking. :)

Sent from my LG V10

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
What you call precarious I call: banking. :)

Sent from my LG V10
I'd agree, had I not worked on Helicopters and know just how damn dangerous these rotor blades are... MAYBE if they offered me a million to be in that room... otherwise that things just WAITING for some idiot to stand in the wrong spot and CHOP there goes your (arm, leg, head, your choice)

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I'd agree, had I not worked on Helicopters and know just how damn dangerous these rotor blades are... MAYBE if they offered me a million to be in that room... otherwise that things just WAITING for some idiot to stand in the wrong spot and CHOP there goes your (arm, leg, head, your choice)

You mean like tracking a tail rotor with a broom handle and grease pencil? :D o_O

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You mean like tracking a tail rotor with a broom handle and grease pencil? :D o_O
That is why I stayed with fixed wing and away from rotorary winged aircraft.

So you helicopter guys what is your reaction when you have a mechanic scratching his head holding one of these?

0bd88d3d1b1cc40df86d8699b043e0c7.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
That is why I stayed with fixed wing and away from rotorary winged aircraft.

So you helicopter guys what is your reaction when you have a mechanic scratching his head holding one of these?

0bd88d3d1b1cc40df86d8699b043e0c7.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Run. LOL.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I love it! I'd be more than happy to fly one of these bad boys. I doubt it would be very difficult at all to fashion some type of prop guards to protect the flyer without hindering performance. Remember folks, people said the exact same thing when cars, bicycles, motorcycles, planes, etc etc came onto the scene. This is no different...simply the advancement of technology. :)

S7 Edge tap'n