Shattershield - Second Gen

Discussion in 'Droid Moto Z Force' started by Sajo, Jan 17, 2017.

1. jkaod

jkaod Gold Member

Ratings:
    +466
    Sajo, you must have done something pleasing to the "Phone Gods". They are clearly watching over you.
    Glad to hear that your phone is still mostly intact with only a small war wound.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Sajo

Sajo Diamond Member

Ratings:
    +9,041
    Current Phone Model:
    Moto Z Force - The Last Droid
    Thanks jkaod. I think it's another testament to how awesome Shattershield is. My new screen protectors arrived yesterday. I pulled off the old one and it was cracked worse than I thought. At least 4 long cracks. I'm confident that if I had a traditional glass screen it would have been cracked just as bad as the protector, if not worse. Shattershield for the win.

[​IMG]

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  3. jkaod

jkaod Gold Member

Ratings:
    +466
    Wow! That's amazing. I'm totally impressed with shatter shield. It's a whole heck of a lot cheaper and easier to replace the screen protector. Don't tempt fate though. No more drops. I'm thinking a short surfboard leash for your phone might be in order.

• Like Like x 2
  4. hammerhead13

hammerhead13 Gold Member

Ratings:
    +644
    Current Phone Model:
    Samsung Galaxy Note8
    I have the Zagg Glass on my Moto Z Force. i had the Phone for 16 days and the 1st Incident i had was with my 3rd old tripping and swatting it off the Bathroom counter and somehow going directly into the Toilet. Luckily it was Flushed and Clean Water and was only about half Full but the jolt was enough that it dislodged the Incipio OffGrid Moto Mod and there was a ding in the Side Alloy. i saw a Tiny Crack in the Zagg Glass. No other Damage. I have dropped it or some cases has Slipped or Fell on my Floor which is a Tile Floor. I have gone through 2 Zagg Glass Screen Replacements. My Phone has No Case on it and that is since i wanted the normal naked Look for it since it was supposedly Unbreakable. This is the First Phone i have that i did not use a case and love it that way. I hate the I have to cover up my new Note8. Such a Beautiful Device.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Sajo

Sajo Diamond Member

Ratings:
    +9,041
    Current Phone Model:
    OK, so another testament to Shattershield. I'm at the DMV yesterday, with my kid, and set my phone and paperwork on the counter to help the grumpy old lady make the eye test machine turn on. The counter is about chest high, so 4 - 5 feet. The guy at the booth next to me stumbles & grabs for the counter and you guessed it...sent my phone and paperwork flying. My phone hits the hard tile floor face down with a loud splat, and the Style Shell goes flying across the floor. I hear people say "ooooohhh, that was a phone...", "that phone is smashed", "that sucks, busted screen...", the normal stuff you hear. I picked up my phone and Style Shell, wiped it off on my shirt and kept on going. People looked at me like I was crazy and couldn't understand why my phone wasn't shattered. This Shattershield is awesome stuff!

• Like Like x 2
  6. me just sayin

me just sayin Diamond Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +3,819
    Current Phone Model:
    Note 8
    there went your chance to get your new phone paid for by that guy...glad it did not break - always a major inconvenience when it does happen.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Sajo

Sajo Diamond Member

Ratings:
    +9,041
    Current Phone Model:
    For those that may not have seen it before, here it is again. Always fun to watch.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. me just sayin

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +3,819
    Current Phone Model:
    Note 8
    Still funny

• Like Like x 2
  9. kmf1

kmf1 Platinum Member

Ratings:
    +1,006
    Current Phone Model:
    Motorola Z Force Droid Verizon
    I had to replace a tempered glass screen protector a while back, because of several cracks in it. Not sure if it was the result of dropping the phone or not, but very glad that I had/have one on my Z Force 1. Off the subject, but regarding screen burn-in, my screen clearly has it. The result of using Waze most every time I'm in a vehicle. Generally 1 hour trips, to as long as 5-6 hour trips. Depending on how light the background of what I'm viewing on the phone, the more noticeable it is. I wonder if this would be happening with most any phone screen, or mostly with the shatter-shield screens. I look forward to getting a 3rd generation Z (hopefully Z Force) but may have to change my ways regarding using Waze, to avoid the screen burn-in.

10. Sajo

Sajo Diamond Member

Ratings:
    +9,041
    Current Phone Model:
    I have read about screen burn in on different phone models, so I don't believe that it only occurs on Shattershield screens. Maybe it is more prevalent because of the Shattershield technology? But I think it does happen on traditional Gorilla Glass as well.

#22 Sajo, Apr 18, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2018
  11. kmf1

kmf1 Platinum Member

Ratings:
    +1,006
    Current Phone Model:
    Motorola Z Force Droid Verizon
    There was a news segment on tv this morning that suggested that any device with an LED screen, verses an LCD screen is prone to screen burn-in. TVs, tablets, phones, etc. So, it must go with the territory. I used Waze significantly with my previous Motos, like the Turbo 1 and 2, but didn't notice it with those. Maybe, because I only had each of those for one year, before updating. Where, with this Z Force, I had it for 18 months. Who knows. I hate to give up on using Waze with the next phone, but may need to. We'll see.

12. me just sayin

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +3,819
    Current Phone Model:
    Note 8
    I think screen burn-ins are more likely if you like to keep the screen bright.

Search tags for this page

best cameras

shatter shield vs gorilla glass