Shattershield - Second Gen

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
I have the Zagg Glass on my Moto Z Force. i had the Phone for 16 days and the 1st Incident i had was with my 3rd old tripping and swatting it off the Bathroom counter and somehow going directly into the Toilet. Luckily it was Flushed and Clean Water and was only about half Full but the jolt was enough that it dislodged the Incipio OffGrid Moto Mod and there was a ding in the Side Alloy. i saw a Tiny Crack in the Zagg Glass. No other Damage. I have dropped it or some cases has Slipped or Fell on my Floor which is a Tile Floor. I have gone through 2 Zagg Glass Screen Replacements. My Phone has No Case on it and that is since i wanted the normal naked Look for it since it was supposedly Unbreakable. This is the First Phone i have that i did not use a case and love it that way. I hate the I have to cover up my new Note8. Such a Beautiful Device.

OP
Sajo

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
OK, so another testament to Shattershield. I'm at the DMV yesterday, with my kid, and set my phone and paperwork on the counter to help the grumpy old lady make the eye test machine turn on. The counter is about chest high, so 4 - 5 feet. The guy at the booth next to me stumbles & grabs for the counter and you guessed it...sent my phone and paperwork flying. My phone hits the hard tile floor face down with a loud splat, and the Style Shell goes flying across the floor. I hear people say "ooooohhh, that was a phone...", "that phone is smashed", "that sucks, busted screen...", the normal stuff you hear. I picked up my phone and Style Shell, wiped it off on my shirt and kept on going. People looked at me like I was crazy and couldn't understand why my phone wasn't shattered. This Shattershield is awesome stuff!

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
there went your chance to get your new phone paid for by that guy...glad it did not break - always a major inconvenience when it does happen.

OP
Sajo

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
For those that may not have seen it before, here it is again. Always fun to watch.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

kmf1

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 7 Pro Verizon
I had to replace a tempered glass screen protector a while back, because of several cracks in it. Not sure if it was the result of dropping the phone or not, but very glad that I had/have one on my Z Force 1. Off the subject, but regarding screen burn-in, my screen clearly has it. The result of using Waze most every time I'm in a vehicle. Generally 1 hour trips, to as long as 5-6 hour trips. Depending on how light the background of what I'm viewing on the phone, the more noticeable it is. I wonder if this would be happening with most any phone screen, or mostly with the shatter-shield screens. I look forward to getting a 3rd generation Z (hopefully Z Force) but may have to change my ways regarding using Waze, to avoid the screen burn-in.

OP
Sajo

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I have read about screen burn in on different phone models, so I don't believe that it only occurs on Shattershield screens. Maybe it is more prevalent because of the Shattershield technology? But I think it does happen on traditional Gorilla Glass as well.

Last edited:

kmf1

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
There was a news segment on tv this morning that suggested that any device with an LED screen, verses an LCD screen is prone to screen burn-in. TVs, tablets, phones, etc. So, it must go with the territory. I used Waze significantly with my previous Motos, like the Turbo 1 and 2, but didn't notice it with those. Maybe, because I only had each of those for one year, before updating. Where, with this Z Force, I had it for 18 months. Who knows. I hate to give up on using Waze with the next phone, but may need to. We'll see.

kmf1

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
You could be correct about the screen brightness, as when I'm using Waze during the daylight hours, I do have the screen set at maximum brightness. Time to adjust that.

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
I prefer burn outs than burn ins.
John-Force-Wins-16th-NHRA-Funny-Car-Championship-Featured-Image-e1385576838580.jpg

OP
Sajo

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I was at our local Best Buy over the weekend and they had a special Z2 Force on display. They have been using it to demonstrate Shattershield technology. It looked like it has been hit with a 12 gauge shotgun. I guess they have been hitting the screen with some kind of blunt punch, about the size of a BB. The screen was covered in BB size dents. But still 100% functional. It felt weird swiping over the screen, but it still worked. Unbelievable.

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
I was at our local Best Buy over the weekend and they had a special Z2 Force on display. They have been using it to demonstrate Shattershield technology. It looked like it has been hit with a 12 gauge shotgun. I guess they have been hitting the screen with some kind of blunt punch, about the size of a BB. The screen was covered in BB size dents. But still 100% functional. It felt weird swiping over the screen, but it still worked. Unbelievable.

I through my phone around to show people it still works, no scratches except the bezel, screens fine , Z2 force is the best phone can't wait for a z3 , do you think lenovi will make one, Z2 is not even on display at Verizon stores anymore and I worry Samsung marketing is overtaking it.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

OP
Sajo

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Yes Moto is making a Z3 series. They already announced that. And there are plenty of Z2 phones at both of our Verizon stores where I live.