Drone Questions????

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
2307b778e9d462558977b620051b2a38.jpg

With the weather warming up and nature coming alive now is a great time to be out flying around your drone. So if you are in the market for a drone or already have one, then check us out. We will be hosting questions and topics on aerial drones.

So whether you are a rookie recreational pilot trying to have fun and avoid crashes or someone like our own @cr6 who is using it as a business, we look forward to hearing from you.

Topics we will cover will be what to buy on a budget, what drones to stay away from, as well as where you can fly and need to avoid flying. And if you are looking for tips on where to register, how to prep for the commercial test, and more we look forward to providing all of that.

So feel free to post the questions you would like us to cover below.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
If anyone is looking to get into quads (I refuse to call them drones unless they have some kind of auto pilot), I have two racing style quads I'm looking to sell along with a bunch of extra parts and my transmitter. We just bought a house and am looking to thin out my spending hobbies. I have spent well over $1000 building them and but am looking for $400 for everything. If you want more info, reply or PM me.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
gigantic-rc-turbin-jet-powered-sr-71-blackbird-aircraft-show-1024x536.jpg

Was looking around for field to fly my drone only to be told of a rc flying club. I almost forgot about the RC world. I was just amazed to see my drone and its controls and how they spun off from a hobby that is almost 50 years old (if not older).

To watch miniature turbine jets and piston aircraft takeoff out of an airfield that is a shrunk down version of what is used for the larger aircraft just fascinated me. Since I been digging into the research I find that I havent even scratched the surface of this area .

akstyle450

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Current Phone Model
pixel xl
i've been in the rc hobby for a few years now, and almost just as long messing with multirotors (the term "drone" is revolting)
i build mainly racing quads of different sizes, and also have a photography quad known as the yuneec typhoon g.
I'm known at my local flying field as the quad guy so i'm a pretty go to person for such things, but i do know decently about planes and a minor amount about helis.
a recent video that i made on a 4in sized quad:
My channel doesn't have nearly any videos compared to how many i have actually recorded, i've just gotten lazy with uploading. Recently though i'm getting the urge to push myself and record it all

Last edited:
OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
i've been in the rc hobby for a few years now, and almost just as long messing with multirotors (the term "drone" is revolting)
i build mainly racing quads of different sizes, and also have a photography quad known as the yuneec typhoon g.
I'm known at my local flying field as the quad guy so i'm a pretty go to person for such things, but i do know decently about planes and a minor amount about helis.
My channel doesn't have nearly any videos compared to how many i have actually recorded, i've just gotten lazy with uploading. Recently though i'm getting the urge to push myself and record it all
Look forward to checking out some of your other videos and pick your brain about the RC world.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

redbert31

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the great ride..I enjoyed it.. Especially the loop de loops! Seems like a lot of fun!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
That's a pretty good sized park in the middle of a house complex.

Thanks for the great ride..I enjoyed it.. Especially the loop de loops! Seems like a lot of fun!

They looked more like barrel rolls than loops.

akstyle450

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Current Phone Model
pixel xl
i'm going to be building a much more powerful one here in the next week so that'll be fun. The problem i have with this one is the motors aren't great and cause a lot of vibrations that i just can't work out, which makes it fly a little more jittery than i prefer. Going out to our local flying field tomorrow to do some racing with a couple buddies (there's some videos on my channel of us doing some laps through gates), and just updated my software to a newer build so it might be a bit more stable, or worse. Who knows till i try it? But all in good fun!

redbert31

Diamond Member
Reaction score
That's a pretty good sized park in the middle of a house complex.

They looked more like barrel rolls than loops.
You're probably right Mustang, I didn't know what to call them, though. The last time I was on a plane was 10 years ago. I gotta get out more (lol)

redbert31

Diamond Member
Reaction score
i'm going to be building a much more powerful one here in the next week so that'll be fun. The problem i have with this one is the motors aren't great and cause a lot of vibrations that i just can't work out, which makes it fly a little more jittery than i prefer. Going out to our local flying field tomorrow to do some racing with a couple buddies (there's some videos on my channel of us doing some laps through gates), and just updated my software to a newer build so it might be a bit more stable, or worse. Who knows till i try it? But all in good fun!
Keep em coming... We enjoy watching! That was a nice big park between the houses, like Mustang said!

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
We will get the lip/voice sync corrected in future videos, but this is some good information. Dronewolf provided some nice tips for those looking into buying a drone.

Reactions: CJM
OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Oh and give @CJM some love....you need any work done on the graphics scene then he is who you want to holler at.

This was streamed live by the way, we look forward to live Q&As in future live streams.

Reactions: CJM