For anyone stuck trying to root with low or dead battery

iamtotus

Reaction score
I was stuck in fastboot mode with a battery that was more or less completely dead. However, I had purchased the inductive wireless charging back for the phone, so I brought it home and hooked it up to my computer via USB and placed it on the charging mat at the same time. I was able to run any commands I needed without issue.

Hope this helps anyone who found themselves in the same situation.

Camoxjeep

Reaction score
Also, try this. I used it and works great without spending any extra money.

If you have a spare usb you can still charge your battery. Just cut off the end you would plug in to camera or whatever, strip back outside plastic. You'll have 4 wires, you only need the red(positive) and black(negative). Pull your battery and on it you'll see + and -. Tape red to + and black to -. Plug the other end into your charger. Let it charge for an hour and unplug. Then reinstall your battery and you're good to go.

Rooted and Hot Rodded DROID BIONIC

Snow02

Reaction score
Also, try this. I used it and works great without spending any extra money.

If you have a spare usb you can still charge your battery. Just cut off the end you would plug in to camera or whatever, strip back outside plastic. You'll have 4 wires, you only need the red(positive) and black(negative). Pull your battery and on it you'll see + and -. Tape red to + and black to -. Plug the other end into your charger. Let it charge for an hour and unplug. Then reinstall your battery and you're good to go.

That's also a great way to damage your battery.

striker85

Reaction score
I tried something similar to that and fried my battery. I woulnd't recommend it. I'm not concerned because I have a new Bionic on the way...just letting people know my experience.

joshmiddle

Reaction score
5 dollars on ebay you can by a external wall charger that the battery hooks too. I buy an extra battery and external charger every phone i get. Hope this helps.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums