Restore Bionic with low battery

Zane_Grey

Reaction score
So I decided to update to 5.7.893, but ended up without webtop. I made a backup and restored to .886 using ReleasedRoot then updated. I thought I could just restore my backup and to get my data back, I was wrong. I kept getting failed to boot with messages about webtop and other things not matching. I tried to restore using ReleasedRoot and that didn't work. I tried to rsdlite and it failed every time. Eventually I tried to use p3droid's return you phone to the upgrade path method because it flashes the webtop, but I got a message saying the battery was to low. I had read awhile ago about stripping a usb to charge your battery while flashing if this happens. It worked and it is really easy to do.

You will need two usb cords and be willing to sacrifice one:

1. Cut off the end of the usb cord that plugs into the phone.
2. Strip away the outside casing of the cord to expose the smaller wires that are inside it.
3. Strip the casing off the red and black wires.
4. Place the red wire on the positive input on the battery and the black on the negative and insert the battery into your phone. The battery is labeled to let you know which is the positive and negative. This was the hardest part I had to take the wires and hook them around positive and negative and then hold them in place while replacing the battery.
5. Plug your usb cord connected to the battery into a usb port and connect your phone to your computer with your other usb cord.
6. Flash your phone.

Hopefully this all makes since Ive been up for awhile trying to fix my phone. I will try and post some pictures.

**As always I am not responsible if you harm your phone. This worked for me and I thought others might benefit from this instead of having to buy another battery when this happens.**

MadBlackLady

Reaction score
Thats a good idea, I saw that a while back in some forum. I was in a similar situation and just loaded needed files on a laptop and headed to my local vzw store and borrowed a battery from them. I suppose you can't count on random kindness nowadays but its worth a shot before destroying a good usb cable.

Hang on a sec... I gotta remove my battery again.

OP
Z

Zane_Grey

Reaction score
The nearest Verizon store is an hour away from where I live and I have alot of usb cables from the good old D1 days.