Stuck in bootloader with battery dead....

msglobe81

Reaction score
So I have a rooted d2g and last night I tried flashing cm7 on it. After rebooting the phone it wouldnt move passed the red motorola logo and it wouldnt even get to the logo unless it was plugged in. After some reading I have come to realize that my battery is dead... I hooked it up to the computer and after it stayed plugged in for a few minutes I was able to pull up the bootloader and it also says the battery is too low to program. So I dont know anyone with another droid 2 or anything similar that I could charge the battery in, I dont have much money to go buy anything such as a new battery let alone a new phone, and I need to get this battery charged so I can sbf it back to stock. After some more reading online about charging a battery without using the phone I have come across a couple of threads saying to splice apart a usb cable and tape the ends to the leads on the battery which will charge it. I am completely ok with doing this but I only have one cable available to me and after charging the battery I will need to put the cable back together so I can use it to flash the sbf using rsd lite.
So my question is this, if I cut this cable apart will I be able to put it back together and have it work correctly? Also, I have a car charger as well. Could I do the same thing with the car charger that you can do with the usb cable?

Thanks in advance guys. Sorry if this is a ridiculously stupid question...

Gasai Yuno

Reaction score
First, I wouldn't recommend slicing your stock USB cable. Using the car charger is fine, though, as (if I'm not mistaken) it only has two conductors instead of the full USB set, so it'll be easier to connect them correctly.

Second, you could take the battery to a Verizon store and ask them to charge it for you.

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)
if I cut this cable apart will I be able to put it back together and have it work correctly?
I have cut cables and reconnected, but if they come apart/short during a SBF, you could really mess up phone

and this method of charging, can fry both you battery and you phone
so be careful
for the future, think about a spare battery charger, about $5 from ebay or amazon
Battery Charger for Motorola Droid Verizon, BP6X, Droid A855 CLIQ MB200 | eBay

Amazon.com: Battery Charger for Motorola Droid Verizon, BP6X, Droid A855 CLIQ MB200: Cell Phones & Accessories

OP
M

msglobe81

Reaction score
Thanks for the help guys. I actually found a different wall charger and was able to slpice it and got it all working. Thanks again

Digital Cha0s

Reaction score
ok i went blindly back to my D2G and now i beleave i bricked it
any help or points in the rright direction would be great
cause its always nice to have a back up :biggrin:

"bootloader says"

Bootloader
D0.11
err:A5,70,70,00,1F

MEM_MAP Blank
Service Req'd
Battery OK
OK to Program
Connect USB
Data Cable

and ive RSD lite 5.6 back 100 times it feels like do i have to use the older version? gonna try that in a few

Gasai Yuno

Reaction score
As you might have read in all those threads everywhere in the D2G-related forums, currently there is no way to restore your phone.

Well, you could try a warranty claim.

Digital Cha0s

Reaction score
haha warranty replacement thats a cruel joke but yea it is as i figured thanks for the fast reply tho

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)
ok i went blindly back to my D2G and now i beleave i bricked it
I'm guessing that you had new version update 4.5.629?, if so you stuck till new SBF is leaked
see Bricked. (SBF after .629 update, bootloader, etc)

if not you flashed wrong SBF

edit: or update failed to install, and your stuck

if you can take to a verizon store, just tell them the update failed
they can flash it, if they want to

FYI .629 update started 1st of March, and has bricked a few phones

Last edited: