Wall vs USB charging (vs Inductive)

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes, though I can't see why that is necessary. It looks and feel like the one from the Original Droid.
That one should be fine. As long as it's not some 50 cent usb cable it should charge fine. I didn't know installing the Moto drivers would make it charge faster but I'm going to check on that when I get off work.

GadgetRick

Reaction score
I read somewhere (only one place) that using 3rd party power cords may not charge the Bionic so well. I've not seen this anywhere else but I'm curious to know if anyone's noticed this. I'm not talking USB charging, just regular, "plug it into the wal," charging. I have a few 3rd party chargers I use regularly and it would suck if this were true.

esaslaw

Reaction score
The car charges well using the cord from my Original Droid. I will buy their new car thing, because I want to put it back on the dashboard the way the OG was, since I rely on Google Maps to give me traffic info, but for now, for charging, that works fine.

This Motorola Drives idea may have worked, at least partially. I have been connected to it for almost an hour and a half, and down to 90%. With the OG I would at 100% but, of course, there was no 4G. (I am tethering, and the 4G is really very nice).