Font type change in email?

droid.i.am

Reaction score
Hi fellow droidaholics,
I just got my droid earlier this week & haven't slept all week.:)

I have a problem (more of an annoyance) with the droid that I hope someone can resolve for me: I've set up a bunch of email accounts (Exchange, Yahoo, Gmail, and AOL) & everything seems to work great on the droid itself - but when I go to my computer to look at any emails sent from the droid, they're all in ugly "Courier" font in every one of these accounts (whereas they appear nice as "Arial" font when viewing these emails on the droid itself).

Is there an system option somewhere that I can set the font for outgoing emails from the droid so that "Courier" is not the font when my emails are viewed on a computer? Thanks for any feedback.

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Hi fellow droidaholics,

I have a problem (more of an annoyance) with the droid that I hope someone can resolve for me: I've set up a bunch of email accounts (Exchange, Yahoo, Gmail, and AOL) & everything seems to work great on the droid itself - but when I go to my computer to look at any emails sent from the droid, they're all in ugly "Courier" font in every one of these accounts (whereas they appear nice as "Arial" font when viewing these emails on the droid itself).

Is there an system option somewhere that I can set the font for outgoing emails from the droid so that "Courier" is not the font when my emails are viewed on a computer? Thanks for any feedback.

We warned you that Droid was addictive, didn't we? :rofl3: Anyway, unless you're rooted, there's no way to change the font on the Droid from what I've seen. Here's an old thread on the subject. http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-themes/8605-how-install-custom-font-your-rooted-droid.html Hope that helps you a little...

OP
D

droid.i.am

Reaction score
Thanks AnneDroid,
Yes, 1st thing I did was root out of the box & apply the manual 2.1 update (after turning on Airplane mode to stop the 2.1 OTA update from finishing downloading).:icon_ banana:

But that old thread link is for changing the overall fonts on the droid itself, not for outgoing email when viewed from a computer. Maybe it's the stock email app - I wonder if some market email apps will allow this... I'm going to download some of them (K9, etc.) to check out.

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Thanks AnneDroid,
Yes, 1st thing I did was root out of the box & apply the manual 2.1 update (after turning on Airplane mode to stop the 2.1 OTA update from finishing downloading).:icon_ banana:

But that old thread link is for changing the overall fonts on the droid itself, not for outgoing email when viewed from a computer. Maybe it's the stock email app - I wonder if some market email apps will allow this... I'm going to download some of them (K9, etc.) to check out.

Please let us know what you find out as more people will eventually have the same question.

gliveron

Reaction score
Hi there,

did you ever find a solution for this ??

Hi fellow droidaholics,