How do I insert a pause in the dialing? - NOT from the phone book???

swezeydroid

Reaction score
Verizon - Droid - Sofware 2.1. Purchased April 2, 2010.

From the phone book, setting up a pause or wait is relatively straightforward and I don't need help with that. (I know a comma is a pause worth about 2 seconds wait time) Here is what I need help with:

I send out emails to invite people to conference calls all the time. I also receive emails inviting me to conference calls all the time. Many of my compatriots use a Blackberry and what works great with that device does not work with a Droid - NOR - does there seem to be a similar function.

· For simplicity - being that all of us are on the road all the time, for conference calls we could send out the email invite with the conference line phone number and password in the body of the email or sometimes in the header (we use outlook but the email service seems to be irrelevant) and anyone that had a Blackberry could simply click the number and it would autodial the entire string. It was directly from the email NOT from a phone book.
· Example. The conference line dial in number was (123) 555-1212 and the PIN was 123456#. I could put in the email header OR the body the following 1235551212X123456# and any Blackberry user could just click on it and it would dial the whole string and everyone could join the call easily without having to key in a single digit. The X was the pause. The # was treated like the # key.
· With a Droid that function apparently does not exist - OR - I simply have not been able to find it and I've been on dozens of forums looking for help. · When I send an email with the conference phone number then a comma and then the PIN number, Example: 1235551212,123456# That does not work. It simply stops at the comma (or commas). This would work from your phonebook but it does not work from a text section from an email or even from a SMS text.
· We have more and more Droid users and need a solution. Any ideas?

ldimick

Reaction score
Verizon - Droid - Sofware 2.1. Purchased April 2, 2010.

From the phone book, setting up a pause or wait is relatively straightforward and I don't need help with that. (I know a comma is a pause worth about 2 seconds wait time) Here is what I need help with:

I send out emails to invite people to conference calls all the time. I also receive emails inviting me to conference calls all the time. Many of my compatriots use a Blackberry and what works great with that device does not work with a Droid - NOR - does there seem to be a similar function.

· For simplicity - being that all of us are on the road all the time, for conference calls we could send out the email invite with the conference line phone number and password in the body of the email or sometimes in the header (we use outlook but the email service seems to be irrelevant) and anyone that had a Blackberry could simply click the number and it would autodial the entire string. It was directly from the email NOT from a phone book.
· Example. The conference line dial in number was (123) 555-1212 and the PIN was 123456#. I could put in the email header OR the body the following 1235551212X123456# and any Blackberry user could just click on it and it would dial the whole string and everyone could join the call easily without having to key in a single digit. The X was the pause. The # was treated like the # key.
· With a Droid that function apparently does not exist - OR - I simply have not been able to find it and I've been on dozens of forums looking for help. · When I send an email with the conference phone number then a comma and then the PIN number, Example: 1235551212,123456# That does not work. It simply stops at the comma (or commas). This would work from your phonebook but it does not work from a text section from an email or even from a SMS text.
· We have more and more Droid users and need a solution. Any ideas?

Have you tried sending it inside of quote marks? "1235551212,123456#"

Don't know if it would work or not, just an idea to get past the parsing.

OP
S

swezeydroid

Reaction score
Tried it but no luck. Would have been nice if it was something simple like putting quotes arround it.

The basic problem is that it does not recognize the string. It sees the first 10 numbers but stops at the commas and does not do anything else.

I've tried sending emails to Gmail, Hotmail and through my exchange server to Touchdown so its not a reader issue. Its a Droid issue.

It seems like such a necessary and common function that I just can't believe there is no solution.

jimmiet

Reaction score
If your getting the number through your Gmail account pushed to your Droid, long press on the phone number in the email and it will give you more options. Press "dial" and the phone keypad will show up. Press the menu button and select "Add 2-sec pause" then you will have to type in the pin. I'm guessing you may have to add as many pauses as needed based on trial and error. Best idea I can come up with, I know it seems like alot but I use it for my home voicemail and its pretty quick actually.