FlyX is like a VIRUS!!!!

jaedi

Reaction score
My phone has FlyX installed, and I have tried time and time again to remove it and take the phone back to stock but I can't.
I have the clockwork running, thank God I did because it was bricked for 20 minutes. I was wondering if anyone knew how to get rid of the FlyX.
It is blocking the mp3 player, which is interfering with Youtube, the music, and even over the air streaming like Pandora.
It doesn't affect the FlashPlayer which is great, I can still watch Spartacus, but I can't listen to Pandora.
I'm suffering, every day my phone isn't perfection, is a day spent in agony!
:( :sad:

maderschramm

Reaction score
if you didn't create a nandroid backup before flashing flyx you've now learned your lesson XD

your best option (not to toot my own horn) is probably maderstcok. It's right above this post in the forum...well, now below as I've posted here.

A link is also in my signature.

it's an update.zip, flash it from clockworkmod recovery and you're good to go at stock 2.3.340

since you're having troubles I'd recommend wiping data and cache before flashing the update.zip

droidxchat

Reaction score
if your mp3s aren't working it sounds like you're on an incompatible kernel by the way, which isn't something the rom would have given you

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
if you didn't create a nandroid backup before flashing flyx you've now learned your lesson XD

your best option (not to toot my own horn) is probably maderstcok. It's right above this post in the forum...well, now below as I've posted here.

A link is also in my signature.

it's an update.zip, flash it from clockworkmod recovery and you're good to go at stock 2.3.340

since you're having troubles I'd recommend wiping data and cache before flashing the update.zip

lol If you can get into ClockWork you can also just install a different ROM, as opposed to using maderstcok then installing a custom ROM. Just be sure to wipe cahce and format data...

maderschramm, you made maderstcok? I commend you for saving my butt lol really great work, it's like the RUU of the Droid X (RUU restores HTC phones to stock).

Last edited by a moderator:

maderschramm

Reaction score
yes, I made maderstcok

Thanks for the support! I hope the update.zip has served you well - it's not perfect (doesn't format /preinstall) but it's pretty darn good imo :p

OP
J

jaedi

Reaction score
Omg, sweet replies. I was in europe where my phone did not work. But I was able to flash an sbf and get it back to stock and reroot. Its still unstable since every now and then it goes to clockwork when I start up.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App