Flashing With Clockwork

fordee11

Reaction score
Hey, can somebody send me some instructions on how to flash with clockwork.. i googled but cant find anything good.
Thanks

k rock

Reaction score
Hey, can somebody send me some instructions on how to flash with clockwork.. i googled but cant find anything good.
Thanks

First off credit for this is Landshark @ androidcentral.

Boot into recovery one of two ways. The easy way is hold down the volume button and choose recovery from that menu. The other way is to hold down the volume up, volume down, and power buttons until you see the samsung logo flash for a second time, then let go of all three buttons. Either way should put you into blue stock recovery or directly into red clockworkmod recovery (cwm.) If you booted to blue, hit the volume down button once so apply sdcard:update.zip is highlighted and hit the home soft key. This will take you into red cwm. Scroll to install zip from sd card with the volume button, but instead of the home soft key, in red cwm you use the power button to choose things so hit it. Then scroll to choose zip from sd card and hit the power button. This will take you to the root of the sd card. If you put the zip file there you will see it. If not you will need to use the volume buttons and power button to navigate to whatever folder you put the zip file into. Once you have found the zip file, use the volume buttons to scroll to and highlight it, then hit the power button. You will go to a confirmation page, just scroll to the only yes in the menu and hit the power button. Once the installation is complete hit the menu soft key (lower left of the phone) until you are back at the main red cwm menu where reboot system now will be highlighted at the top of the menu. Hit the power button and wait for the phone to reboot. Done. Easy peasy, winner winner chicken dinner.

OP
F

fordee11

Reaction score
just to.get this right, i put the .zip file on my sd card first, i dont need to unzip or do anything to it correct?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

k rock

Reaction score
Make sure you use the 2.5cwm (red) and not orange 3.0.

Just download the zip to your sd card and boot into recovery.

Jamis0n

Reaction score
just to.get this right, i put the .zip file on my sd card first, i dont need to unzip or do anything to it correct?

Did you get it figured out? It gets easy after the first time, PM me if you need anything bro.

sc 2.9v
midnight theme

OP
F

fordee11

Reaction score
got it dude ... piece of cake haha

OP
F

fordee11

Reaction score
Glad to hear

sc 2.9v
midnight theme

the not so good thing is i bricked it right afterward trying to put a gingerbread theme on haha

Hah, you'll be alright just boot into cwm and flash sc2.9 again. Make sure your themes are compatible.

dangit! i didnt even think of that.. i panicked and odined it right away lol

how do you check of its compatible?

k rock

Reaction score
the not so good thing is i bricked it right afterward trying to put a gingerbread theme on haha

Hah, you'll be alright just boot into cwm and flash sc2.9 again. Make sure your themes are compatible.

Whatever the thread you're looking at it should say and when in doubt just ask. Better to play it safe then flash something that bricks you for a bit.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

OP
F

fordee11

Reaction score

ok.. to be honest i didnt even know they werent all compatible

Whatever the thread you're looking at it should say and when in doubt just ask. Better to play it safe then flash something that bricks you for a bit.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Jamis0n

Reaction score
Each theme will say build for instance eb01 or eb16 or dl30.

sc 2.9v
midnight theme

OP
F

fordee11

Reaction score
how do you know what to use with super clean since theyre like combinations of different builds?