Need some help manually flashing Clockwork Recovery.

STX21

Reaction score
Hey all.

So I'm running UD, and I wanted to install a theme. The theme was only tested on SPR, but I decided to try it with clockwork just for the heck of it, making sure to make a backup if anything went wrong. Well something went wrong, so I restored, and flashed SPR. Booted into SPR, forgetting I was using a different recovery and making another backup, and installed the theme. Well the theme didn't install correctly for some reason, and now my phone just boot loops. I have SPR recovery, and my backup is associated with Clockwork.

Is there anyway to manually flash clockwork without booting my phone? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
STX21

forkup

Reaction score
Use adb from recovery flash_image recovery /sdcard/filename.of.recovery.file

OP
S

STX21

Reaction score

So, if the file name were recovery-clockwork-2.5.0.1-sholes, I would type:
flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery-clockwork-2.5.0.1-sholes
correct?

jason6g

Reaction score

So, if the file name were recovery-clockwork-2.5.0.1-sholes, I would type:
flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery-clockwork-2.5.0.1-sholes
correct?

Correct.

You may use either ADB on the computer, or run a terminal emulator on the phone.

There used to be an app that had a bunch of scripts handy with a click of a button. I SO wish i could find it again as i root about 5-10 phones a day. An even better thing would learning how to make my own sbf files somehow :D

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
I'm digging up bones, I'm digging up bones, diggin' up a thread that's two months old . . . . .

And technically the command should be:

Code:
flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery-clockwork-2.5.0.1-sholes.img

If the file extension is left off, I am sure a "file not found" error would result.

jason6g

Reaction score
I'm digging up bones, I'm digging up bones, diggin' up a thread that's two months old . . . . .
QUOTE]

lol hadent noticed, was looking for syntax and saw an unanswered question, thanks for the clarification, missed the extension