Flashing ROM for free?

Lastb0isct

Reaction score
Hi all,

All the tutorials on this site are saying that I need programs that cost a total of around $10 on the droid marketplace. I have no problem paying the $10, as I love the idea of rooting and flashing a new ROM, is there anyway to get around this initial investment?

Thanks,

-Derek

cpjr

Reaction score
If thats what all the tutorials are saying you need, then thats what you need. Dont understand exactly what your asking.

PS- But also, since Im looking all you really need to buy is Droid 2 bootstapper which is $2, I own an X, but unless Im missing something thats all you need to spend money on.

Last edited:
OP
L

Lastb0isct

Reaction score
If thats what all the tutorials are saying you need, then thats what you need. Dont understand exactly what your asking.

PS- But also, since Im looking all you really need to buy is Droid 2 bootstapper which is $2, I own an X, but unless Im missing something thats all you need to spend money on.

SetCPU costs $2, bootstrapper is $2, Root Explorer is $4. So, is there a way around this? Or should I just go ahead and purchase?

txter

Reaction score
get bootstarp and Clockwork (cw is free) and you can flash all you want and make all the backups you want...
MAKE A BACK UP BEFORE YOU FLASH ANYTHING OR YOU MAY BE SORRY...

wmnomore

Reaction score
Tranquility 3.0 costs $2.00 i guess. Only available on the TBH app. Anyone know how many roms are on this app? is it worth it?

gunz.jones

Reaction score
Try squid's roms...they are free and come with oc and uc built in. You just need bootstrap. Terminal is free too. If you want a monitored oc program, then jrummy is good for .99. Puts you at 3.00.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

MrKleen

Reaction score
Bootstrap is also available for free. There is no cost for what you need...