Flashing from SD 4.5 to 3.0

Warglock

Reaction score
Howdy folks, a quick question that I have yet to find an answer to here on the forums. Am I able to flash directly from SD 4.5 to 3.0? Or do I have to go through the whole process or flashing stock, rooting, then flashing 3.0 to get where I want? I know that SD4.5 is based off 5.7.xxx and 3.0 is based on 5.6.xxx so I would assume so, but knowing me, I'll just take the easy route and flash directly if I don't read anything saying I can't.

If I do need to flash to stock and work from there, what is the recommended method of backing up apps and data? I have tried a few apps in the past when trying out different ROMs, but none restored the actual app when I went back to my favorite ROM, I always had to reinstall them from the market.

As always, any help is greatly appreciated.

GreenSnow

Reaction score
This is coming from an amature but here's what I would do.

1. Download the .Zip of the ROM you want (steeldroid v3 in this case)
2. Make a backup using "titanium backup" (menu>batch>backup apps & system data)
3. Make a nanadroid backup (create a backup through the recovery menu)*always a good idea incase you don't like your new configuration, this backup is much like a windows recovery, basically takes a snapshot of your current setup
4. Reboot
5. Wipe all cach/data & perform factory reset
6. Install .zip from SDcard (choose the zip file)
7. Restore your apps with titanium (I like to use the feature, 'restore missing apps and data' if I have backed up apps that are "built In" to the ROM I don't want to fudge it up by over writting those apps with my old ones)

Like I stated before this is just how I do it, may want to wait for a second opinion to move forward

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk