1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Flashing from SD 4.5 to 3.0

Discussion in 'Steel Droid - D3' started by Warglock, Mar 4, 2012.

1. Warglock

Warglock New Member

Howdy folks, a quick question that I have yet to find an answer to here on the forums. Am I able to flash directly from SD 4.5 to 3.0? Or do I have to go through the whole process or flashing stock, rooting, then flashing 3.0 to get where I want? I know that SD4.5 is based off 5.7.xxx and 3.0 is based on 5.6.xxx so I would assume so, but knowing me, I'll just take the easy route and flash directly if I don't read anything saying I can't.

If I do need to flash to stock and work from there, what is the recommended method of backing up apps and data? I have tried a few apps in the past when trying out different ROMs, but none restored the actual app when I went back to my favorite ROM, I always had to reinstall them from the market.

As always, any help is greatly appreciated.
  2. GreenSnow

GreenSnow New Member

This is coming from an amature but here's what I would do.

1. Download the .Zip of the ROM you want (steeldroid v3 in this case)
    2. Make a backup using "titanium backup" (menu>batch>backup apps & system data)
    3. Make a nanadroid backup (create a backup through the recovery menu)*always a good idea incase you don't like your new configuration, this backup is much like a windows recovery, basically takes a snapshot of your current setup
    4. Reboot
    5. Wipe all cach/data & perform factory reset
    6. Install .zip from SDcard (choose the zip file)
    7. Restore your apps with titanium (I like to use the feature, 'restore missing apps and data' if I have backed up apps that are "built In" to the ROM I don't want to fudge it up by over writting those apps with my old ones)

Like I stated before this is just how I do it, may want to wait for a second opinion to move forward

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk
Search tags for this page

nanadroid