Flashed v38 kaosfroyo and phone lasts 2 hours

Discussion in 'HTC Droid Eris' started by f100cleveland, Nov 1, 2010.

1. rigbyrobot

rigbyrobot Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I all so wanted to add that, though its not advisable, you can calibrate with usage, it takes alot longer and isn't perfect but, if you flash the rom at 100 percent battery, and let run until its almost dead and then plug in, as often as possible, trying to stay away from short on the fly charging, your battery stats will eventually even out very close to a recal

Sent from my FroyoEris using DroidForums App

2. BGKris

BGKris Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I flashed with V38 then cfsv6 and it's been fine for me. :)

3. Bob Dammit

Bob Dammit Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +17
    When you flash a ROM you flash the stock kernel as well. If the cfs6 works for you, you should save it on your phone, because every time you flash a new ROM you will have to reflash the kernel.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

4. Gabraham

Gabraham New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    flashed v38 to my phone the other day, continuously had battery problems so i just decided to cut out the middle man and go back to v37 instead of bothering with the kernel, with my luck i'd do more damage to the phone than good, hopefully v39 will come out with a built in fix for the battery issue, if not any time soon does anyone have a fools guide to installing the better kernel? i really know nothing about the specifics of OS's and their workings.

5. rigbyrobot

rigbyrobot Member

Ratings:
    +0
    wipe dalvic flash cfs 6 rewipe dalvic, boot and boooo ya yo s**t works right!

6. projektorboy

projektorboy Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Kernels flashing is exactly the same as ROM flashing. The difference is that only a portion of the OS gets updated instead of the whole thing. You don't lose any of your data or settings by updating the kernel. All you have to make sure of is that you wipe your Dalvik cache, system cache & battery stats when updating kernels.

7. johnrbrown1968

johnrbrown1968 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Kaos v38 was the first ROM i flashed, and it was killing my battery. Nothing i tried helped ... i did cache wipes, battery tweak, upgraded the kernel.. i even flashed it twice cause i thought i did something wrong ... i finally scrapped it and switch to Conap's CELB ROM (xda developer) ... it's worked MUCH better for me.

Sent from my ERIS using DroidForums App

8. rigbyrobot

rigbyrobot Member

Ratings:
    +0
    conap makes a very nice rom, as do tazz and the rest of the xda devs, I've been using kf since v27 and has been my favorite, but I've tested others and the all have very good qualities. keep your eyes open for v39, with the b4 of kgb, and new git hub comments v39 shoulb be soon

9. BGKris

BGKris Member

Ratings:
    +0
  10. WickedBerry

WickedBerry New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah I found this out the hard way...saw it was up to CFSv9 and threw it on...camera still didnt work right, and my mail app quit working...so I downloaded CFSv6, wiped cache again, threw it on and now all is good. I did the battery recal (cleared battery stat, let it die, and let it charge with phone off plus an hour after its green) and I'm testing it now to see how it performs. I have a 3500mah battery on its way to me but the back cover is UGLY!!...I might stick to 1500mah batteries and just carry a few. I like to play with my phone alot. :)

11. WickedBerry

WickedBerry New Member

Ratings:
    +0

Aaahh...I just rooted and flashed a ROM to my phone for the first time with V38...I have the CFSv6 kernel...and I dont feel like wiping again...lol. I'll wait a bit before upgrading.

12. rigbyrobot

rigbyrobot Member

Ratings:
    +0
    v39 is missing the libhardware _legacy. so file in system/lib, it kills gps, you can unzip the kf v38 and pull the file from there than push it to the system/lib folder on your phone, reboot, and everything works perfect

Search tags for this page

kaosfroyo v38