Flashed v38 kaosfroyo and phone lasts 2 hours

Discussion in 'HTC Droid Eris' started by f100cleveland, Nov 1, 2010.

1. my77stang

my77stang New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've been having the same problems with mine after flashing with the battery dying SO fast. I also noticed that my camera locks up after about 1/2 a second and the side sliding method to unlock the phone is a real PITA.

What I did notice over the stock 2.1 fw was the phone seems to be faster, I use shoutout for txting and it was taking FOREVER to type stuff and navigate - it works much much faster now but the voice texting stopped working :(

2. eris94

eris94 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i am completely new at this, how do flash that cfsv6 file over KaosFroyo v38? i already saved the .zip file to my computer but now im not sure what to do

3. projektorboy

projektorboy Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Edit: Accidental double-post

#15 projektorboy, Nov 29, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2010
  4. projektorboy

projektorboy Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Flash it the same way you flashed KaosFroyo. Make absolutely sure that you wipe your cache & dalvik cache or you risk even more issues.

5. my77stang

my77stang New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    yeah, and i liked the cfs stuff better anyways... just picked up an lg ally - anything decent out there for it yet?

6. eris94

eris94 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    so i did the CFS stuff. I falshed it like i did with the KaosFroyo i also wiped the cache & dalvik-cache. today the battery completely died and now when i try to turn it on, it doesnt go past the skateboarding droids. but if i want to go to the boot menu it does that without a problem

7. Bob Dammit

Bob Dammit Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +17
    When you wipe the delvik cache, the first boot can take several minutes. Make sure your battery has a good charge, rewipe your cache and delvik cache, and reboot agian. Give it 5 minutes before you start to worry.

8. chadmledford

chadmledford New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Similar thing happened to me, I rewioed and reflashed rom to be safe and never had prob again

Sent from my nonsensikal froyo using DroidForums App

9. rigbyrobot

rigbyrobot Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I personally feel cfs v8 has some weird issues with kf, and unless your using Collins ph batt tweak or any gscript you can add the cmds to start up the processes to start up apps2sd at boot its quite difficult to get started, i would suggest using cfs v6. guy with booting problems, make sure you are doing a factory reset, dalvic wipe, flash kf38, dalv wipe, flash cfs v6, factory rest, wipe dalv, boot
    if that dosnt work you may want to flash the ruu then reroot, that will flash stock recovery over amon ra then flash a fresh copy of amon ra, just incase cfs v8 corrupted your amon ra, its been known to do that and result in a boot loop, egh but before you do that check md5 hash sums and make sure your not working with a corrupted dl

Sent from my FroyoEris using DroidForums App

10. ChuckDee33

ChuckDee33 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    When you say to select "Wipe Cache" does that mean select "Wipe Data/Factory Reset"? What exactly does that do? Do I need to backup beforehand or restore anything upon rebooting?

11. rigbyrobot

rigbyrobot Member

Ratings:
    +0
    wipe cashe is wiping dalvic cashe, should be a choice in the same menu with in amon ra, you can also wipe individual apps cashe by going too setting -manage applications- choose the app and there should be choices to uninstall, move to sd, clear cashe, clear data, ect. please trust me kaos froyo dose not work well with cfs v8, kaos v38 dose not have loop support, nor dose it include a gscript to start the uid that was compiled separate with the cfs v8, in other words you wont have apps2sd, with out adding the cmds to a script that runs at boot, and even then to you will loose wifi because the only available script that will run at boot is collins_ph battery script and it breaks wifi. we tried and tried to mod the zip to add the calls to init.rc without breaking wifi but with no luck ...trust me flash cfs v6

Sent from my FroyoEris using DroidForums App

12. ChuckDee33

ChuckDee33 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Tnx Rigby, sorry for being out of the loop on the technical jargon in your reply but you kind of lost me. I don't know what amon ra or collins_ph is. What I do know is that I flashed KaosFroyo V38 and my battery life is not very good. I also have SetCPU and have configured it to my liking. I turned off most of the battery draining GUI stuff too.

So to hear you correctly, I should get CFSv6, wipe ONLY the Dalvik cache, wipe the battery stats, then flash the CFS zip?

Search tags for this page

kaosfroyo v38