[GUIDE] Root and flash Android 2.2 Froyo on your Eris!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tiggerxplur

Reaction score
I have rooted, and now am trying to to the froyo portion, but when I connect my phone via the usb port on my computer, the computer does not do anything. My light on my eris comes on like it's charging, and I changed the connection options to the 'htc sense' so my computer will recognize it. Is there something else that I need to be doing??

you dont put it in sense mode you use th mass storage or usb or something along those lines

JUMBOpin

Reaction score
You have to go through recovery mode to find it. the same steps you took to root your phone is the same steps you take to flash Froyo. I hope that helps.
So far, KaosFroyo works great. Once in a while, after viewing a video, when I go back to the gallery, I get a weird interlace effect. However, switching the orientation sets it right again. Lovin' my phone. I'm considering not bothering with my phone upgrade. Eris is doin' me just fine now.

my thoughts eactly sir...i thought my phone was so lame before my root...it's so fast...it barelyyyyyyyy uses it's battery...woohoo!

i just need to find some good themes and live wallpapers now!!!1

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 5
Twitter
@healthymommy13
ok as a newbie to all of this...I do notice the lag time in performance of this phone. Would this be recommended for me to try and do or should i just deal with it and live with the phone the way it is. Any advice?

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 5
Twitter
@healthymommy13
I DID IT!!! WOW I was freaking out, but I did it!!! Now just gotta get everything back to where i had it on my home screen, then YAY!

powerhouselb

Reaction score
I thought that Angry Birds wouldn't render properly because of the Foyo, but trying to download it from GetJar revealed that it isn't really compatible with Eris. That sucks. Still playable though.

prosper

Reaction score
I am Froyo (v38) and applied all the tweaks.

Really like the build and performance.

However, even after all tweaks, my battery lasts about 5 hours now.

Tried battery refresh, autokill, setcpu etc...

Not sure what to do next. Battery life is horrendous even "idle".

Anyone else experiencing this after rooting and flashing Froyo?

Status
Not open for further replies.