Fission ROM

Reaction score
Fso I got my Fission ROM up and running beautifully. Even got my black notification bar and other GB theme options working. I ****ing love this ROM, thank you to all who helped me do this and patiently answered my questions. It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be but I'm still glad I waited and made sure I knew what I was doing. I can't wait for more ROMs to come out, I know its just a matter of time. Liberty is already starting to work, except the sensor issue, but hopefully that will be fixed soon cause I would love to try that out. But anyways, thanks again to those who helped me. Now I can pass on the knowledge to the next noobs lol

Edit - just realized my SWYPE feautre is missing, wtf mate lol how do if fix that?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

Scan1on

Reaction score
you can download the swype keyboard in the rom manager.

OP
BackSeatSuicide
Reaction score
Found the SWYPE feature in the rom manager, thanks for the tip. Now the only other problem I'm having is my Facebook widget is not updating, it keeps showing me peoples status' from monday and sunday instead of their current posts. Anyone have this issue and know a fix? Other then that, I got everything working perfect, I love this ROM, can't wait for more!

Dark Lazer

Reaction score
At this point I wouldnt really expect any other roms tbqh. Looks like most devs right now are going to be moving on to newer phones like the Thunderbolt and so on. We CAN use roms made for the D2 if we use the tool that git~r~done has, but while it's functional, after using it for a couple of weeks, without sensors it's a bit annoying. I had high hopes that things would pick up after a few months but I think the moment has passed.

OP
BackSeatSuicide
Reaction score
I disagree, I've been talking to some Devs, and there still working on them, and all thats left is to fix the sensor issue, and we can port D2/DX roms to the D2G. And there are Dev teams that are still solely dedicated to the D2G. So dont give up hope. the D2G isn't going anywhere, and neither are the Devs !

OP
BackSeatSuicide
Reaction score
And plus, it took them awhile to get ROMs going for the Droid X, and while they were working on it, plenty of other android phones came out, but that didn't stop them from continuing work on the DX. These Devs are not quitters, and so far, they have managed to find a solution to everything. A couple months ago, the bootloader on the D2G was locked, but now we have the SBF and a awesome ROM for it, and were so close to being able to port D2/DX ROMs to the D2G, its just a matter of fixing the sensor like I said, and they just added a new sub-forum for D2G ROMs, and there's a new thread (I believe its a sticky) that's only for devs and working on fixing the sensor issue. So I say again, don't give up hope, and I know I'm not the only one that feels this way!

drew

Reaction score
My D1 screen cracked today, so i replaced with with a D2G. Rooted it immediately. Sad to see the lack of custom ROMs for this phone. Hope the dev community picks up for it.

While I've only had the D2G for about 3 hours now, I'm kind of missing my old phone! Hope that gets better

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
My D1 screen cracked today, so i replaced with with a D2G. Rooted it immediately. Sad to see the lack of custom ROMs for this phone. Hope the dev community picks up for it.

While I've only had the D2G for about 3 hours now, I'm kind of missing my old phone! Hope that gets better

Same here mate. I had an OG and got a brand new D2G replacement for instead. I miss the old days when i would flash 3 different roms in one day dancedroid

Reaction score
And plus, it took them awhile to get ROMs going for the Droid X, and while they were working on it, plenty of other android phones came out, but that didn't stop them from continuing work on the DX. These Devs are not quitters, and so far, they have managed to find a solution to everything. A couple months ago, the bootloader on the D2G was locked, but now we have the SBF and a awesome ROM for it, and were so close to being able to port D2/DX ROMs to the D2G, its just a matter of fixing the sensor like I said, and they just added a new sub-forum for D2G ROMs, and there's a new thread (I believe its a sticky) that's only for devs and working on fixing the sensor issue. So I say again, don't give up hope, and I know I'm not the only one that feels this way!

Just for the record, the bootloader is still locked. The SBF is completely unrelated to the locked bootloader.

Dark Lazer

Reaction score
I disagree, I've been talking to some Devs, and there still working on them, and all thats left is to fix the sensor issue, and we can port D2/DX roms to the D2G. And there are Dev teams that are still solely dedicated to the D2G. So dont give up hope. the D2G isn't going anywhere, and neither are the Devs !

I wouldnt really expect it still. The Droid X has much more developers than the D2, let alone the D2G. Most people grabbed the Droid X when it came out, the rest got Droid 2's, and a smaller amount got the Droid 2 Global. With most people going to the Thunderbolt, I doubt we'll be seeing anything from this point on. I mean who knows, a ROM or two might pop up eventually, but I don't think it'll be anywhere to the extent of other phones like the Droid X.

That said, Fission is probably the only solid rom the D2G will be getting, and even then it's far from perfect. I've flashed 3 different versions of Fission, and weeks later I end up going back to stock rooted. Little problems here and there that end up making me remove it.

OP
BackSeatSuicide
Reaction score
Well according the team Git r done, they are not only close to fixing the sensor issue with their rommer app that let's you use the D2's liberty rom, but they are also working on the first D2G vanilla AOSP Rom. So I still have faith in people working on them and not moving on. So I also have faith that we will have better rom options soon. (Not that fission. Isn't awesome, cause it is, I friggin am loving it!). But that's just my opinion I guess. I refuse to give up hope, the D2G is still pretty new, and has more, still, to offer us.

joeyx2

Reaction score
What is the best/preferred network mode to use with this rom? The one that is checked when u flash it?